Are you a dirtbag?

EWolfe

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

does making a cornbeef sandwich with a pocket nife that you cleaned fish with earlyer that morning, and come to think of it cleaned thousands of fish but never cleaned the knife, count as a dirtbag move.... if so I surely a canadate...

sobo said:

I just beat the cans against rocks until they split, then tilt back and shovel that cold Dinty Moore's stew right in my ol' piehole with my fingers. Perdy dirtbag, if'n ya acks me.

That defenatly counts as dirtbagish...

sobo said:

I just beat the cans against rocks until they split, then tilt back and shovel that cold Dinty Moore's stew right in my ol' piehole with my fingers. Perdy dirtbag, if'n ya acks me.

7-11 only sells those poptop cans. guess you cant deal with modern technology eh? rolleyes.gif

lummox said:

sobo said:

7-11 only sells those poptop cans. guess you cant deal with modern technology eh? rolleyes.gif

I'm a dirtbag, so I shop at Costco for my climbin' provisions... You can't get those single-serving cans with the pop-top thingies there, just the big old cans.

Once a friend of mine stumbled out on to the cascade lakes highway after an epic in the three sisters. He and his bud dragged themselves over to a still-snow-covered Sparks (maybe Devils?) Lake entrance where there was an bridge paved with asphalt. For some reason they had some hot dogs and started cooking them right there on the bridge. Unfortunately they set the asphalt on the bridge on fire. I'm not sure if they repaved by now but there was a noticable depression where they had their barbeque. yellaf.gif This was decades ago so it is probably gone now.

pizza crusts outta the trash as degnans. thumbs_up.gif

perfectly good food that people drop on the floor and refuse to eat themselves. thumbs_up.gif

one memorable dirtbag morning was when i truly was dirtbagging it in camp4 (ya know where ya take yur bag and just lie in the dirt to sleep in someone elses camp). one a them rangers was trying to wake me up and the camper family told him to lay the fuck off (lied through his teeth to the ranger that i was his son. i aint ever saw that dude before too). when i did get up the camper family treated me to pancakes. people can be awesome. thumbs_up.giffruit.gifthumbs_up.gif

i had a cold can of stagg beanless chili last night for dinner (used an opener and spoon the_finger.gif) but the beanlessness dindt work. how come chili farts smell dam near the same as the uneaten chili? i think theres a research grant proposal right there for you university types.

lummox said:

one memorable dirtbag morning was when i truly was dirtbagging it in camp4 (ya know where ya take yur bag and just lie in the dirt to sleep in someone elses camp). one a them rangers was trying to wake me up and the camper family told him to lay the fuck off (lied through his teeth to the ranger that i was his son. i aint ever saw that dude before too). when i did get up the camper family treated me to pancakes. people can be awesome. thumbs_up.giffruit.gifthumbs_up.gif

yep, but you never thanked me for the short stack yellaf.gif

sobo said:

Dude you're SUPPOSED to put the can up-side down in the hot coals and wait for it to launch across the campground like a mortar shell from the heavens. Then you go hungry, but laugh your ass off at how fucking cool your idea was.

E-rock said:

sobo said:

Dude you're SUPPOSED to put the can up-side down in the hot coals and wait for it to launch across the campground like a mortar shell from the heavens. Then you go hungry, but laugh your ass off at how fucking cool your idea was.

Yeah, yeah, I did that one too many times already. Sux being hungry all the time. I just eat it cold now... Call me a caveman.

The other thing that works cool is to toss your empty can of OFF! in the fire and wait for it to cook off. Great fun!