"Rockfest" Alternative Event

Dwayner

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ExtremoMtDude said:

LOL Dwayner! You sure put that young Sphnicter in his place, he can be a little pest sometimes.

I swear if I ever see that guy out on the slopes i might shove a pole, or better yet an old school 210 up where the sun don't shine! LOL!

Stacygrab.jpg

Gee, I'm scared. For an avatar, you are pretty lame.

Dwayner and Pope are continuing to work on our concept of providing an alternative event to the FF.Rockfest in Leavenworth this weekend for those of you who don't want to feel the sales pressure of commerical sponsors. Although we've gotten a lot of positive responses, a number of people have expressed concern that our "Goodtime Boulderin' Rodeo" doesn't have enough events. To address this problem, here is an update comparing what Rockfest has to offer vs. the alternative event.

Rockfest: Rock shoe demo at barney's rubble

Boulderin' Rodeo: They's just wants you to buy new shoes! This is what we're gonna do: Meet us across the street at Bruce's Boulder and we're going to try on each other's shoes. A can of Lysol will be provided.

shoes4.jpg

Rockfest:Free clinics at barney's rubble

Boulderin' Rodeo:No need to set up a clinic specifically for climbers in Icicle Canyon although perhaps no other group is more worthy. I hear there's a free clinic in Leavenworth or Wenatchee where you can have your curious rashes examined.

prevention.program.jpg

Rockfest:Bridgecreek group campsite. BBQ, Party

Boulderin' Rodeo:Weenie roast at 8-mile CG followed by a new drinking game we invented which is a combination of strip poker and Twister.

twister.jpg

Rockfest:Outdoor slideshow by Brittany Griffith

Boulderin' Rodeo: Never heard of Miss Griffith but were going to see about getting Big Lou. We haven't talked to him yet because we're kinda awestruck and nervous.

lou1.jpg

Big Lou

Either way, there will be a guest appearance by Sushi Dog.

sushidog.gif

Rockfest:Massive fundraising gear raffle

Boulderin' Rodeo: See original post regarding our need for you to give us funds. Hint:

03_06_15enchilada2.gif

Rockfest:Pancake breakfast

Bouldering Rodeo: Pancakes are overated. We're havin' sausages...sauna sausages!

sausages.jpg

Rockfest:Bouldering tour of the Leavenworth area

Boulderin' Rodeo: Instead of 150 folks crowding and tripping over themselves with their pads, we got "The Mattress". Pay and take your plops as described in the original post.

mattress.jpg

Sphinx said:

Dwayner said:

You know...we're just trying to have some fun here, but this guy Sphinx is getting a bit over the top and takin' this schtick way too seriously. Check out these recent quotes. A little commentary follows.

"I can understand why you'd be bitter, not getting laid in twenty years can do that."

Commentary: "getting laid" or not is, like, so frat-boy!You wouldn't know and it ain't your bidness anyway.

"And how DARE those boulderers have fun! They should all be shot!"

Commentary:It's O.K. to be LAME in this country! Really! Boulder on! Have fun!

"You're getting, old, fag."

"Your maturity is astounding."

Commentary: Very mature of you to use the term, "fag". If you are not getting old, than you are either making no progress or regressing to childhood. Where do you stand?

"Thanks for providing such an excellent role model."

Commentary: Sorry to disappoint you. I'm not here to be your role model.

"You know, many people climb sport just so they won't have to run into you at the crags."

Commentary: Simply not true.

Tell ya what, Sparky...you can start bitching when I somehow prevent you from clipping bolts or bouldering.

Until then, maybe when you see the name "Dwayner" as the source of a post on cc.com, you should just skip it and move on.

We're good sports, though. If you happen to swing on by our "Rodeo", we'll give you two free plops.

ahoy!

- Dwayner bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Dwayner, you don't seem to understand the fact that you're boring, predictable, and lame. You seem kinda touchy on the getting laid issue...I'm probably right. rolleyes.gif

Sphinx, maybe you don't understand. General consensus is that this thread is pretty funny. I happen to agree. yelrotflmao.gifthumbs_up.gif Relax and have a couple of these bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif .

Nacho.....get your butt back into the Library and start working on those Incompletes.

The alternative event was a huge success. A report may follow soon but right now, I have a date with several Taco Bell Enchilada Chicken Bowls and a sixer of Mickey's.

- Dwayner bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif