perfect weekend

erik

catbirdseat said:

Dru said:

freshly broken already

buying a geode is like buying sex, it shows you can't find any yourself tongue.gif

Dru, you're still bustin' my chops ;-). Ever since I was a kid, I've dreamed of hunting geodes. Unfortunately that was in California and I never found the time to go to Oregon to hunt for them.

Wow, you musta had a boring childhood.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

COL._Von_Spanker said:

Give me a break. Rocks are fun, although you may consider it boring. I spent Thursday nights every week doing lapidary work all through High School. It was fun and interesting and required quite a lot of skill and a good eye.

Oh yeah, those were always great for science projects. Some kid in my middle school mad a hovercraft out of industrial fans, blue tarps and plywood. That was pretty cool. It's only real drawback was it needed a very long extension cord to go anywhere. hahaha.gif

Pretty good weekend. After drinking Friday night and doing the "family crap" Sat and Sun, I just lounged about the house on Monday. Just before going to bed Monday night, my mountain SAR unit got a call for a lost climber on Adams's South Side route. Got a 4-day weekend out of it, got out on a mountain (which was not in the weekend plans) and got a better night's sleep last night than I would've gotten Monday night! grin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Before anyone hits me up for route beta, read this

All in all, a great weekend, even if we didn't "summit".

...sobo

Excellent weekend at 11Worth, good weather, and spookily (?)few people for a Memorial day weekend wazzup.gif. Purina crag on Sunday was awesome (Poison Ivy crack is getting **** in my book), and added some boulder problems to my Potts Guide on Monday (one V3-4 slab is killing me madgo_ron.gif, I need another pad and a spotter).

Looking forward to RockFest in two weeks!! wave.gif

i'd have to chalk this one up as perfect too -- especially since rob and i took an extra day.

4 day weekends rockband.gif!

hit smiffy on saturday and sunday. one of the least populated weekends i've seen down there --

where were the people???

happily got on any climb we wanted. got treated to a fabulous t-storm on saturday that lasted maybe half an hour. followed by sun and a breeze that dried everything out in about 15 min....

friendly folks, and no pink lycra in sight. where were ya DFA?

monday floated the deschutes. hillsides were just amazing with bright green spring growth making them look like velvet. got to see a slew of birds, river otter, and a good friend catch his first rainbow on a fly.

temp was PERFECT all weekend.

cool.gif

catbirdseat said:

COL._Von_Spanker said:

Give me a break. Rocks are fun, although you may consider it boring. I spent Thursday nights every week doing lapidary work all through High School. It was fun and interesting and required quite a lot of skill and a good eye.

Um, yeah, I rest my case. Did you also collect stamps and chair the chess club?

Hmmm, I spent thursday nights gettin' drunk, stoned and partyin' with chicks. But boy, I'd trade it all for lapidary work. the_finger.gif

COL._Von_Spanker said:

catbirdseat said:

COL._Von_Spanker said:

Hmmm, I spent thursday nights gettin' drunk, stoned and partyin' with chicks. But boy, I'd trade it all for lapidary work. the_finger.gif

Well, good thing you turned out all right!

Sphinx said:

COL._Von_Spanker said:

catbirdseat said:

COL._Von_Spanker said:

Who said I turned out "all right"?

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

COL._Von_Spanker said:

Sphinx said:

Who said I turned out "all right"?

Sphinx did, you idiot! What, did you forget your Ritalin today or something? Try to keep up, dude; we can't be taking up your slack all the time.

Sheesh! rolleyes.gif

Suck it the_finger.gif

ExtremoMtDude said:

Perfect weekend fellow Jibbers. Corn did not quit, my buddy brought up his homemade rail, we did some jibbin, got some turns and burned one down.

Such a kind weekend.

This guy is hilarious! yelrotflmao.gif Climbing board? What climbing board? hahaha.gif

texplorer said:

Watched a world class track meet on Sat and climbed at the Menagerie on Monday. Overall a satisfying weekend but I'm goin to Yos in 2 weeks!!!

I shredded in Yosemite once, at Badger Pass. BUnk resort but we lite up any mountain, anywhere, anytime. If there is any snow left Texplorer, you should jib it up!