Tips on how to get laid off?

JGowans

What job pays 4.75/hour AND has a severance package? Do you get a golden parachute too?

Just start making stupid mistakes. Continuously. Slow down your performance gradually so that you do less and less actual work (assuming you do any already). Eventually they will get tired of it and lay you off.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rbw1966 said:

What job pays 4.75/hour AND has a severance package? Do you get a golden parachute too?

Just start making stupid mistakes. Continuously. Slow down your performance gradually so that you do less and less actual work (assuming you do any already). Eventually they will get tired of it and lay you off.

I was joking about the $4.75 an hour. I'm a salaried pup doing alright for myself. If they get tired of me though, could this not be construed as performance related and instead fire me?

I want my severance damnit! We're talking about enough cash to finance several trips to Deja Vu and the fall Rope-Up in L'Worth with a cooler full of beer. bigdrink.gif

rbw1966 said:

Performance-based dismissal does not necessarily preclude your ability to draw unemployment--assuming this is what you mean by severance.

No, I don't mean draw unemployment. I mean that per my agreement with my company, I have a clause whereby I'll receive 1 week of severance pay for every year I've been with the firm. That's 6 weeks of salary. I can only get it though if they lay me off as opposed to firing me for performace reasons.

JGowans said:

rbw1966 said:

I was joking about the $4.75 an hour. I'm a salaried pup doing alright for myself. If they get tired of me though, could this not be construed as performance related and instead fire me?

I want my severance damnit! We're talking about enough cash to finance several trips to Deja Vu and the fall Rope-Up in L'Worth with a cooler full of beer. bigdrink.gif

in that case...what if you 'injured' yourself and asked for some preferrential tratment...like (jsut an example from seinfeld) ask for your own bathroom...soemthing liek that where they are too hassled with keeping you on, but cant do anything about it...ya know... they cant refuse your disability requests... but they wouldnt wanna keep you on, so they would let you go and pay your severance... confused.gif

Fence_Sitter said:

JGowans said:

rbw1966 said:

in that case...what if you 'injured' yourself and asked for some preferrential tratment...like (jsut an example from seinfeld) ask for your own bathroom...soemthing liek that where they are too hassled with keeping you on, but cant do anything about it...ya know... they cant refuse your disability requests... but they wouldnt wanna keep you on, so they would let you go and pay your severance... confused.gif

i dont think i would trust beta from someone who failed a lie detector test.

Dru said:

Gowans

can you fail a drug test? mushsmile.gif

Haha!!! That'd be awesome! However, I get drug tested for my green card so it's a non-starter. I've been judiciously keeping the body clean of late. Btw, out of curiosity, how long does ganja stay in the system? What about blow? Just curious... rolleyes.gif

You are playing with fire. Unless there are layoffs comming that you can volenteer for, I would stay out of that game. If you screw around trying to get laid off you may get fired for cause and that screws that company up for references in the future. Most companies will check why you left a previous company. Even if you succeed to get laid off and you drop your performance to do it, it may come back to haunt you later.

FENCE SITTER IS INCORRECT AGAIN.

THC ATTACHES TO FAT CELLS AND CAN BE STORED FOR AN EXTREMLY LONG TIME IF YOU ARE A LARGE PARSON WITH A LOW METABOLISM.

ONE TIME USERS CAN EXPERIENCE TRACE AMOUNTS FOR UP TO/AVERGAGE 1 MONTH

I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE OTHER STUFF.

FENCE,

HOW WOULD I HAVE DONE WHAT? FOR STARTERS MY AWRENESS IN SITUATIONS LEADS ME TO UNDERSTAND READ ALL INFORMATION PERTINENT WITH EMPLOYMENT. AKA: I WOULD NOT HAVE ATTEMPTED TO BE EMPLOYED BY THE TOOL AND GOT MYSELF INTO THAT SITMO...AND FOR YOUR PERSONAL ENJOYMENT, I PASSED THE LAST UA I WAS REQUIRED TO TAKE. IN SEPT. AND I DID IT WITHOUT MASKING AGENTS....

AND I DONT LIE........

SO WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?? YOU INABILITY TO THINK BEFORE SPEAKING??? YUP YUP YUP!!!!

Mary jane = 2weeks - 1month(quontety)

blow = 5-8 days(quontety)

meth = 3-5 days(quontety)

opium = 1 or so weeks(quontety)

herowin = 2 weeks(quontety)

quibinzies = 24-48hr(quontety)

LSD = indefenatly

alcohal = 24-48 hr.(quontety)

mesolin = 24-48 hr. (quontety)

bigdrink.gifcantfocus.gifmushsmile.gifcantfocus.gifmushsmile.gifbigdrink.gif

Fence_Sitter said:

not really...its actually quite impossible...you have no control over what your body does in response to a lie...it is similar to the way some people blink when they are lying...

Impossible to fool a polygraph? Wrong-o, sport. People do it all the time. One of several reasons why polygraphs are not admissable evidence in court.

ok i didn't mean impossible...but what would the point be of trying? what do you think the percentages are... they guy at the testing place said 99.9% (obviously tha is overestimated in his favor) but it probably isn't mush lower than that... or else everyone would lie...

erik said:

FENCE SITTER IS INCORRECT AGAIN.

THC ATTACHES TO FAT CELLS AND CAN BE STORED FOR AN EXTREMLY LONG TIME IF YOU ARE A LARGE PARSON WITH A LOW METABOLISM.

ONE TIME USERS CAN EXPERIENCE TRACE AMOUNTS FOR UP TO/AVERGAGE 1 MONTH

I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE OTHER STUFF.

FENCE,

HOW WOULD I HAVE DONE WHAT? FOR STARTERS MY AWRENESS IN SITUATIONS LEADS ME TO UNDERSTAND READ ALL INFORMATION PERTINENT WITH EMPLOYMENT. AKA: I WOULD NOT HAVE ATTEMPTED TO BE EMPLOYED BY THE TOOL AND GOT MYSELF INTO THAT SITMO...AND FOR YOUR PERSONAL ENJOYMENT, I PASSED THE LAST UA I WAS REQUIRED TO TAKE. IN SEPT. AND I DID IT WITHOUT MASKING AGENTS....

AND I DONT LIE........

SO WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?? YOU INABILITY TO THINK BEFORE SPEAKING??? YUP YUP YUP!!!!

well...someone else seems to agree with me on the mary jane issue...as for workign with the govmnt...it was a great deal i worked for a week...got paid for 3 weeks... so whats the problem? and i dont give a rats ass if you passed your last UA... the question i asked was if you have smoked pot in the last 5 years (the question they asked me) actually they asked if it was in my posession, so a UA wouldn't even matter... so...whuttuvit angry hippie?