I need some advice.

erik

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

the most important thing I have learned of late is" just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean you can't learn something from them"

in other words, take what makes sense and leave the rest wink.gif

THAT IS AN OKAY ATARTING POINT, BUT WHEN YOU START FILTERING THE MESSAGE THEN YOU DO NOT GET THEIR POINT, YOU ONLY HEAR WHAT YOU WANT.

YOU MUST LISTEN TO ALL OF WHAT PEOPLE SAY OBJECTIVLY. PUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND BIAS AWAY TO ACTUALLY LEARN SOMETHING...

THAT IS WHY ADULTS ARE THE DUMBEST CREATURES ON THE PLANET, THEY REFUSE TO LISTEN ONLY WAIT TO TALK!

WE ARE ALL GUILTY

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

erik said:

the most important thing I have learned of late is" just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean you can't learn something from them"

THAT IS AN OKAY ATARTING POINT, BUT WHEN YOU START FILTERING THE MESSAGE THEN YOU DO NOT GET THEIR POINT, YOU ONLY HEAR WHAT YOU WANT.

YOU MUST LISTEN TO ALL OF WHAT PEOPLE SAY OBJECTIVLY. PUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND BIAS AWAY TO ACTUALLY LEARN SOMETHING...

THAT IS WHY ADULTS ARE THE DUMBEST CREATURES ON THE PLANET, THEY REFUSE TO LISTEN ONLY WAIT TO TALK!

WE ARE ALL GUILTY

ya no shit wink.gif go back and reread wink.gif that is what I was saying tongue.gif

YOU SHOULD GO BACK AND REREAD WHAT YOU SAID.

YOU STATE TO TAKE WHAT MAKES SENSE AND LEAVE THE REST. SO IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THEIR POINT, HOW CAN YOU EVEN DECIED WHAT THE POINT IS.

YOU MUST BE OPEN AND OBJECTIVE, PERSONAL BIAS ONLY SERVES TO RUIN THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND.

SO IF YOU ONLY TAKE THE PART OF WHAT SOMEONE SEZM THEN YOU ARE NOT TAKING WHAT THEY SAID. YOU ARE TAKING WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR. SO IN THE END THE DISCUSSION/DEBATE/WHATEVER IS POINTLESS.

EACH PERSON'S OPINION IS AS EQUAL TO EVERYONE ELSES. IRREGARDLESS IF YOU AGREE WITH THEM OR NOT.

erik said:

YOU SHOULD GO BACK AND REREAD WHAT YOU SAID.

YOU STATE TO TAKE WHAT MAKES SENSE AND LEAVE THE REST. SO IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THEIR POINT, HOW CAN YOU EVEN DECIED WHAT THE POINT IS.

YOU MUST BE OPEN AND OBJECTIVE, PERSONAL BIAS ONLY SERVES TO RUIN THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND.

SO IF YOU ONLY TAKE THE PART OF WHAT SOMEONE SEZM THEN YOU ARE NOT TAKING WHAT THEY SAID. YOU ARE TAKING WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR. SO IN THE END THE DISCUSSION/DEBATE/WHATEVER IS POINTLESS.

EACH PERSON'S OPINION IS AS EQUAL TO EVERYONE ELSES. IRREGARDLESS IF YOU AGREE WITH THEM OR NOT.

calm down suga... wink.gif

I also said that just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean you can't learnsomething from them. Sugesting that you hear them out, completely. and then think about and give consideration to what they say. and then decicde for yourself what parts of what they said make sense to you, or ring of truth grin.gif I am sugesting that there are lessons every where for everyone, if we but open ourselves to them. I think we are saying the same things in a diffrent way. I can give you my example if it will help you understand better what i mean smile.gif

erik said:

WELL THAT IS A BETTER RESPONE SK(AND DONT WORRY I DONT GET WORKED UP)

BUT YOUR TWO COMMENTS SLIGHTLY CONTRIDICT YOURSELF SO I WAS MAKING YOUR CLARIFY THEM.

I know you love it when I am flippant wink.gif

erik said:

WELL THAT IS A BETTER RESPONE SK(AND DONT WORRY I DONT GET WORKED UP)

BUT YOUR TWO COMMENTS SLIGHTLY CONTRIDICT YOURSELF SO I WAS MAKING YOUR CLARIFY THEM.

I know you love it when I am flippant wink.gif

that sounds dirty...what is that?

sobo said:

flippant: impudent, saucy, smart. See also 'rude' (altho there are several meanings of rude). More like glib, casual, insincere.

A thesaurus is a wonderful thing.

you can think I am insincere if you like... I prefer saucy wink.gif

sobo's autosig:

"In this life, you will come upon a canyon. Jump - for it is not as wide as you think."

personally, i think that's the best advice i've heard in awhile.

other than that given to me by erik this weekend...

REMEMBER TO BREATHE! wink.gif

I don't mean insiincere in the everyday sense. More like insincere between two friends. Kind of a "i know you're not really meaning what you're saying to me, but you're saying it to be saucy" Various shades of flippancy, ya know. wave.gif

sayjay said:

sobo's autosig:

"In this life, you will come upon a canyon. Jump - for it is not as wide as you think."

personally, i think that's the best advice i've heard in awhile.

other than that given to me by erik this weekend...

REMEMBER TO BREATHE! wink.gif

Thanks, sayjay, but I can't take credit for the autosig. It's an American Indian proverb that I heard on an NPR broadcast. Had to shorten it a bit to fit within autosig parameters, and didn't have enuff room for the credit byline.