At least I'll still be able to play golf.

specialed

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

specialed said:

Its been a BAD week moon.gif

I am starting to worry a bout you brutha, I think you need a little chill time, some TLC, maybe a vacation or something. You need to get all your pieces back in your pie before something realy yucky goes down. The Cali Life Style is messin' with youy PNW vibe.... SLOW DOWN... CHILL OUT...FIND SOME FRESH AIR, and then DON"T RUN IN IT grin.gif

TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

specialed said:

I am starting to worry a bout you brutha, I think you need a little chill time, some TLC, maybe a vacation or something. You need to get all your pieces back in your pie before something realy yucky goes down. The Cali Life Style is messin' with youy PNW vibe.... SLOW DOWN... CHILL OUT...FIND SOME FRESH AIR, and then DON"T RUN IN IT grin.gif

TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF

Maybe he just needs to get laid. yellaf.gif

Sphinx said:

specialed said:

TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF

don't laugh, getting laid fixes a lot of things smile.gif

minx said:

Sphinx said:

specialed said:

TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF

don't laugh, getting laid fixes a lot of things smile.gif

Getting laid fixes everything. yellaf.gif

Sphinx said:

specialed said:

TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF

True Dat yellaf.gif

Sorry about the nasty pic, I'll take it down now. Now I can't because I waited too long, sorry.

Edited by specialed

specialed said:

Sphinx said:

specialed said:

TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF

True Dat yellaf.gif

Sorry about the nasty pic, I'll take it down now. Now I can't because I waited too long, sorry.

DUH!!!!! tongue.gif what do you think I ment by "TLC" wink.gif

I think the pic is cool, if you look closely you see there isn't much if any muscle tissue, just tendons in your hands....

specialed said:

If you can get beyond the nastiness, it is pretty cool. Still, don't think I could ever work in the medical field, I get queesy at the sight of that shit. But I am considering amputating my finger with my Swiss Army knife. yellaf.gif

that is a permanent solution to a temperary problem tongue.gif you would be better off with more smileysex5.gif, it will relax you wink.gif

Thats just gross!

Reminds me of when I was a kid in gymnastics. This girl fell off the balance beam and scraped her leg on the edge of some wood. DIdnt even know it until someone said her leg was bleeding. She then proceeded to look at it and pull the skin to see how deep it was, revealing a similar site to that hand.

Needless to say I didnt eat spaghetti for a VERY long time following that.

Matter of fact, I seem to have lost my appetite for spaghetti yet again. *insert puking greamlin*

Maybe its time for you to visit your dad out here in MN, pete. We will get you all liquored up at the club again so you will feel no pain.

Hope you heal quickly!

I ve known three people who had that surgery. Two resumed climbing 6 months later. One resumed climbing in about a month. I had the distinct pleasure of seeing his wound gaping open about 400' off the ground.

If I have any good advice, it is to say, imobilize thyself.

bigdrink.gif

specialed said:

Still, don't think I could ever work in the medical field, I get queesy at the sight of that shit.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't flinch to see a guy in the movies take on a room full of zombies with a lawnmower, but a nasty medical scene makes me close my eyes everytime.

I'm just going to duct tape my whole hand and eat a bunch of painkillers. Then I will be able to send baby!!!

I think it might just be a dislocated knuckle and maybe partial anular pulley rupture too. When it occured the knuckle popped and I felt something pull or tear. I don't think its a tendon because its localized in the finger and none of the carpal tunnels in my hand hurt. Its swollen like a mother fucker too. (Don't answer if you're going to charge me for your medical advice though yellaf.gif)

I popped a tendon pulley one time, I think. I was pulling hard and I heard/felt this loud "pop" in my ring finger. It didn't hurt too much at the time but it hurt like hell later on whenever I would use it. I never went to a sawbones for it and it seems to be better now [note: this is not medical advice telling you to not go to a doctor! If you go to a doctor that actually knows what he/she is doing (crux!) then there is a chance that it could help a whole lot. ].

It took a long time to get better. I had to just climb alpine tongue.gif. I remember the West Ridge of Forbidden was cool except right at the crux(?) below the piton I had to crimp with that finger and since I was on lead I couldn't just let go when I felt the pain. That hurt!. Anyway it basically didn't get better enough to climb until it had been so long that I had forgotten about it (6 months?).

Mine doesn't sound like yours though, in terms of that mine never really got very swollen.

In terms of resting, a good thing to do is to bandage yourself up real good, like wear a sling or something, so other people will know that you're injured. Though it sounds funny, a big setback in resting elbow tendons or fingers can often happen when you feel like a shit for not holding a door open for some old lady or carrying your mom's suitcase, so you just do it, then feel that unhappy twinge of pain that says, "all that babying you have done for two days has now been erased!". If you put your arm in a sling it reminds yourself not to use it AND it broadcasts to other people that you are rehabbing.

chucK said:

In terms of resting, a good thing to do is to bandage yourself up real good, like wear a sling or something, so other people will know that you're injured.

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

I've actually hurt this finger before, about 4 years ago, though I bent it backards when I fell off of a rotten log. Its been swollen, week, and sore ever sense. I think last time I was out 2 weeks doing no climbing then another 2 weeks cranking on it even though it hurt like hell. It'll be fine in a week or two just gotta take it easy. bigdrink.gif

well its never a good sign when you hear a pop but its more likely to be pulley rupture than anything else, as it is the most common thing to do. you can tell if it hurts between the joints when you flex but not as much if you hold the tendon in place with your other hand.

take lots of ibuprofen to keep down the inflammation, but if it still hurting after that then lemme know, i'll see what i can do.