Hand Jammies

kitten

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason_Martin said:

It's sad, but the only reason I say this is because if you wear hand jammies people will make fun of you behind your back.

Yes I was thinking tape was the way to go. cool.gif

It does take some getting use to.

And I don't need any help being made fun of.

crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

salbrecher said:

Can't you just wear latex gloves at work? Then you can get cut up all you want. thumbs_up.gif

I do wear gloves at work! YUCKY... tongue.gif just to think...

But from my previous experience, gloves love to remove

scabs , ect. And the handwashing 20-30 times a day doesn't help the healing process.

I will take the majority - tape it is. fruit.gif

Jammies are gaper food. Get some if you want to look like Mounties.....

More seriously, I used to tape, but once I learned to climb cracks better I never used tape anymore. It isn't worth it, plus the tape makes my huge mitts fatter. thumbs_down.gif

DFA I SEE MORE PEOPLE USING TAPE AT SMITH THEN I DO AT INDEX???

THEY ACTUALLY INCREASE THE WIDTH OF YOUR HAND, SOMETIMES GOOD, SOMETIMES NOT.

BUT I THINK THE CONCERN THAT I HAVE MOST IS KINDA LIKE ROCK SHOES, SENSITIVTY. YOU JUST CANT FEEL THE JAM LIKE YOU WANT TOO....

ALSO THINK OF ANY OTHER FUN THING TO DO WHERE YOU SOMETIMES HAVE TO ADD RUBBER INTO THE SITMO....YUP....ALWAYS BETTER WITHOUT RUBBER!!!

THEY ACTUALLY INCREASE THE WIDTH OF YOUR HAND, SOMETIMES GOOD, SOMETIMES NOT.

ALSO THINK OF ANY OTHER FUN THING TO DO WHERE YOU SOMETIMES HAVE TO ADD RUBBER INTO THE SITMO....YUP....ALWAYS BETTER WITHOUT RUBBER!!!

You guys can turn ANYTHING into a sexual inuendo blush.gif

Ya tink I shoulda use tape untilly my techs getta som hilp. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_down.gif

My wife just got some and climbed a couple pitches Tuesday, she liked them. I think they are fine but, like special ed said, once you develop good technique, you don't really need tape or "jammies". Plus, it's one more thing to forget at home, kinda like my rock shoes on Tuesday.

Nike rubber is so suck for rock climbing! thumbs_down.gif

specialed said:

No. You're allowed to make fun of people to their face if they wear hand jammies.

Geek_em8.gif

Agreed. One of my good climbing buddies brings his jammies along any time a route has a crack on it. He doesn't always use them but I *allows* make fun of him. He likes them though. Says "they work".

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

just not as cool as using six rolls of tape every time you go to the crags?

hey DFA, properly made tape jobs form a kind of "glove" that is reusable.

i agree with erik about preferring sensitivity, but i have found that good technique doesn't totally eliminate scrapes. some hand damage is hard to avoid if you are pushing your jamming limits, because the damage is done when you slip. that said, i will only usually tape up if i go on a road trip to the desert and want to climb for 5 or 6 days in a row. otherwise, i just stare at my scabs and grin all week.

hand jammies are aid.

It's much more difficult to create a makeshift stickclip device with an old stick and a pair of handjammies!

Handjammies don't work as well to attach a water bottle or disposable camera to a biner or sling.

And BTW, I don't know about handjammies, but you're even if you tape your hands, you're still gonna get gobies on your knuckles and elsewhere.

Bill_Simpkins said:

I saw an old video clip of Alex Lowe crack climbing with leather gloves. Comments?

When John Long sent Paison's crack he put on some leather gloves and covered them with like 5 cm of tape so his hands would be bigger. Sounds like aid to me.