Getting Stickers off the Car

jordop

rolleyes.gifSeriously rolleyes.gif Selling the Terkel wagon and buying a SUK. Poser stickers all over it holding fenders on, covering holes, etc. BD peeled right off, cloudveil, petzl and scarpa are on for good madgo_ron.gif

Any recommended products/solvents/techniques/spells to get 'em off?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, 2.5 methods:

Heat--use a heat gun or a hair dryer. Don't overdo it.

Solvents--acetone, alcohol, Goof Off. Apply sparingly, esp with the GO which also may remove paint. Wear gloves and do not huff.

Stickers on windows are easily removed with a gently wielded razor blade.

They may not all come off with the same technique.

Product stickers are for Whack M.C.s.

Do wear tape gloves whenever you climb cracks?

How long is your ponytail?

How many Labradors and or Border Collies do you bring to the crags?

Have you ever asked someone to turn down their music in the campground before 10 P.M.?

The answers to these questions will either clear you or incriminate you further.

North_by_Northwest said:

Product stickers are for Whack M.C.s.

Do wear tape gloves whenever you climb cracks?

How long is your ponytail?

How many Labradors and or Border Collies do you bring to the crags?

Have you ever asked someone to turn down their music in the campground before 10 P.M.?

The answers to these questions will either clear you or incriminate you further.

yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

Have you ever practiced yoga and or pantomined the moves on a route repeatedly before climbing?

Have you ever told people to put out their cigarettes at the crags?

Have you ever told someone that they are "ruining your wilderness experience"?

What gym do you climb at?

You get points for being in a ditch with Scotch all the time, but these answers could make or break you. Please stop typing immediately after the buzzer sounds. You will not be docked points for incomplete answers.

Dave_Schuldt said:

Citrasolve or other citris based stuff might work. On your next car don't put any stickers on it. They say "Break into me, I have expensive gear that you would love to steal to support you meth habit".

Don't you have to own a car to give advice on maintaining it?

Are you from Colorado?

Did you go to Evergreen State?

Did you think Vertical Limit "wasn't bad"?

Are you wearing Prana?

Do you call your clothing by model i.e. "it's getting kinda cold, I better put on my Nuptse"?

Do you walk around Vantage with 40 quickdraws hanging on a sling so it looks like you have a rack like the big kids?

Do you use trecking poles while approaching the crags?

Do you have a "Free Tibet" sticker on your subaru?

Charlie said:

Are you surfing the internet on a Friday night? Yeah, me too. Are you climbing tommorow? Well, yeah!!!!

Same. Plus I get the satisfaction of knowing that I am scoring waaaaaaaaaay high in the Whack MC contest prior to heading out - better snag a couple more poser stickers to past on my truck before heading out to the crags tomorrow so that I can take the lead in a more definitive fashion though. Also - not sure whether it'll be cold enough to warrant bringing the Serendipity to wear over the Patagonia Hawaiian Print Silkweight Tee while pantomiming the moves at the base.....

I did recently move back here from Colorado, and did occaisionally climb outside Boulder, where I learned a thing or two about being whack from the locals. Now that I have NxNwest's checklist there is no stopping me from claiming the crown......

I woulda thought the whack M.C.s are the ones with several colourful 1" webbing macrame sausages hanging off their harness at all times ... even in the gym ... or are they the ones with their belay card hanging off their harness at the crag? ... I get so confused confused.gif