• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
glen

freshiequest

hell's yeah! got some pretty sweet turns in at Rainier on sat. Anybody else get some?

wave.giffruit.gifwave.gif

Carved up the north slope below Castle Col today. There was at least 8 inches of new snow. They did not open the gate until 11, the slackers forgot to set their clocks ahead!

No, it was pretty well socked in. A weather system rolled in that trapped the party in low visibility. Snow was still nice and light though, but a pain if you have to break trail. Seems to be warming up however.

i spent the week in CO and the last weekend at Corporate HQ in park city. It was my first trip to both areas and damn, quite different that little ol bachy.

had a great time playing in the trees on saturday at PC, ~6 inches of new over ice, but it was still a good time. nice to be home though

My quest for freshiez took me to the selkirks for the week, where I hit the motherlode with Reudi and the SME crew. Seven straight days of fresh tracks in (at least) knee-deep powder, off the summits of 7 or 8 different peaks. I've been in Oregon so long I'd actually forgotten about cold smoke. damn, what am I doing back at work.... ?

shredmaximus said:

So was it sunny above Paradise Iain? The Tatoosh was kinda cloudy all day but it looked like blue sky above the ceiling.

Yeah...the Tatoosh was great yesterday!

Shred-were you in that group of six yesterday?

Nope...me and a lady friend spent Saturday night below the Pinnacle. I broke trail Sunday morning up to the Saddle and it was pretty brutal! Took a 4:20 break behind a rock near the top and got passed by the throngs up for the day. cantfocus.gif Oh well still plenty of Freshiez for all!

Which group were you with? Lots of folks up there on Sunday!

Good skiing on Mt. Catherine and Hyak on Saturday. thumbs_up.gif

Finally some nice snow...in April!

Nice skiing yesterday on Surprise Mountain. Freshiez turned to concrete lower down at the end of the day.

Edited by vegetablebelay

sweet powder on Hidden lakes. crazy huge avalanche debris down in the gulley probably from last weekend. and to the other guys who we broke all the trail for, you're welcome.

vegetablebelay said:

Nice skiing yesterday on Surprise Mountain. Freshiez turned to concrete lower down at the end of the day.

I take it you went in through surprise lake trail, from scenic on US2? How far down is the trail still snow covered? Do you have to walk w/o skis for a while?

We carried them until where the trail steepens and we started postholing (about 2/3 of the way). On the way out we were able to ski all the way down to where the trail crosses the river.