Metric versus feet/inches...

snoboy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, with respect to the English system, I think that Myanmar (Burma) is the only other country that consistently uses it. Gotta keep up with those Burmese, you know.

Actually, Metric is the official measurement system in the U.S. It was adopted during the Carter administration. It's just that no one uses it. However - as others have mentioned, it would be a nightmare to convert consistently over - especially in land measurement - how to convert the entire township/range-section system over, and the accompanying property descriptions, for every square inch/hectare in the country?

'right...what's a cubit?'

iain said:

freeclimb9 said:

I drank about 12 moles of water/coffee extraction this morning.

how was the resulting colloidal suspension? I hope it satisfied your transmembrane receptors

No colloids; I'm talking nanometers, at most. The funky mm shiznit would be rude. I think that's called "Cremora". But the caffeine does offset withdrawl headache while stimulating micturation.

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Caffeine is legal in Utah?

I think you gotta be 18. All I know is that I've never been carded while I've live here. fruit.gif

Seriously though, I've witnessed high school kids pause at the entrance of a local coffee roaster and look down each direction of the street before coming in for a double shot of expresso. That's some funny shit.

iain said:

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Caffeine is legal in Utah?

how else do you deal with 10 kids getting to soccer practices and recitals and stuff? probably a necessity!

Chocolate and Mountain Dew are consumed in large quantities around here. The latest big news in town was a drug bust in which 8 college kids got popped with a couple pounds of grass, some fungus, and hash. Scandalous. And now where are the stoner kids gonna party? yelrotflmao.gif

catbirdseat said:

freeclimb9 said:

I drank about 12 moles of water/coffee extraction this morning.

That would be 12 moles x 18 g/mole = 216 grams of water/coffee. 216 g x 1 mL/g = 216 mL of coffee, which is less than a cup.

Since there are 55 moles of water in a liter, I guesstimated my consumption of a 6 oz cup. wave.gif