Warning to GPS users

jon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Most" of the time I don't need to be closer than 300m anyways. Unless I'm on a logging road and looking for a turnoff or marking my tent. 300 meters will get me to a col or basin just fine. My GPS has a barometric altimeter that I use just as much as grid reference, screwing with the signal won't affect that!

Well, someone should test this hypothesis this weekend by using his/her GPS at a known lat./long. location (in the city using a topo or something). Will need to do more than one measurement to verify. Six readings in six different locations ought to be sufficient. Maybe at pubs during a pub crawl. cool.gifbigdrink.gif

thegroid said:

why dont you guys use what they have been using for the last couple thousand years, your head. people are way too dependent on gadgets, technology will only fail you when you need it most. toss those pices of shit GPS.

If it weren't for gadgets, I'd have nothing to spend my money on confused.gif

...and toss out those worthless compasses too. Who needs 'em! Stupid technology.

Edited by cluck