Prophecy:

Dr_Flash_Amazing

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I've educated myself and it does not add up. Unless the big picture is to secure Iraq and it's oil and then invade Saudi Arabia and take control of the world's oil supply. Other than that, its just a punk move to intimidate everyone by beating up a weak nation. Ahh, our feelings got hurt and now we are going to take our anger out on someone we can kick the shit out of easily, whether they had anything to do with it or not. Boo Hoo.

It won't do anything to stop terrorism or improve our economy.

Off_White said:

Szy, I wouldn't call those who enlisted "weak minded." Military service has replaced all kinds of other college funding, and for many folks, enlisting is the best way to find a route from the life they have to a life they want. The land of opportunity only offers so many opportunities to those with limited resources, and the military is one of the few choices offered. I do think the recruiters tend to gloss over the little issue of possible death and maiming, but you can't make fun of those who joined up because you managed to find a different path.

Szyjakowski, think a little before you criticize all military folk for being weak-minded. That's bull.

Like Off-Width said, people join the military for all sorts of reasons. Some, because they want to protect our country and others because it's one of their only options for change in life, to get money for school or to just get on a better track in life. Not everyone is given such a great start in life and the military is a good way for many to straighten up, learn some discipline, travel the world, etc, etc. I'm sure that not everyone in the military agrees in Bush's cause, but they are there and they have no choice but to follow the orders of our government. It's either that or get court-martialed for jumping ship. You think these kids want to be on the front lines facing chemical weapons attacks?

Billygoat said:

Would you send your son or daughter off to this one? VB, Trask

Yes, if he was in the military he would do his duty and I would support him in any way I could. Now don't ask me something stupid like, "Would you like it Trask, that your son could be killed, or could kill someone else". Just don't be a tool dude and find another thread to fuck around on. moon.gif

As a random person stuck in PNW w/only the media to learn what is going on on the other side of the planet, it seems to me that our admin was not expecting this much resistance from the world community and was certain they would bring a convincing argument to the table. It seems we can't just pull back that many people from the mideast w/o doing something. Would that be political suicide for the current presidency? Probably.