amazing proof of levitation

Dru

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Parkour is the art of movement, a new french sport created by David Belle and Sebastien Foucan. The objective is clearing all the obstacles which you have on your way, climbing a wall, a stair, a roof, or a tree; all in the research of an esthetic and original movement. People who practice this sport are called Traceurs. Training is physical, but also reflects a moral philosophy with it's own values. More than a sport, it's an art, an everyday lifestyle!

It's kinda a cross between skateboarding (without the board) and ninjitsu. Basically, they are climbing and jumping around like a bunch of Super Mario Bros over there. How rad is that!? And they take themselves super serious about it. "Traceurs"... like secret agents or something. Man I love the Europeans! So progressive. All of a sudden buildering feels so two dimensional. I gotta start practicing my jujitsu moves again.

Found on www.darwinawards.com

DAREDEVIL

(29 September 2002, United Kingdom) The Parisian Yamakasi craze, a building-jumping fad inspired by wire stunts in action films, has been likened to a martial art by its practitioners. This urban "art form" was the inspiration for a BBC TV advertisement wherein an office worker travels home by leaping between buildings, over fences, and around antenna.

So it seemed perfectly normal to Marc, 22, to engage in a spot of building jumping during his free time. However, this Darwin Award Nominee failed to take into account the fact that he was not a highly trained gymnast, and could not clear the 20-foot gap between two multi-story car parks in Maidenhead. He also failed to consider the result of a body hitting concrete from a height of 40 feet. His friend said, "We just did stupid stuff when we were bored, like finding gaps to jump." The result was inevitable...

gone

Wang Jiaxiong ate shit and died as a result. He lost his grip on his bike and missed the net that was to catch him on his attempt to jump the Great Wall of China. Personally, I'm stoked when I can bunny hop onto the curb without catching the back tire.

deleted pic per freeclimbs request - gt

Edited by gapertimmy