What is a "sick" climbing route?

catbirdseat

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard south side of the tooth was pretty sick in winter. Cause if you fell off that catwalk your f^cked.

You could call a boulderin route 'sick' if you wanted to. Just if you say that sharmas new v 14 is 'sick' i'll probably look at you like you have hc up your butt.

I got a ride with a family of four across the Navajo reservation. We stopped in Kayenta for some snackage, and the littlest kid got a bag of gummy bears. Little dude wolfed them down, then started complaining about a stomach ache. Pop at the wheel stopped just in time for his spawn to spew onto the roadway. Partially melted gummy bears on the tarmac. I don't think the kid chewed at all. Several of them were standing upright, and looked so forlorn due to their fate of becoming little gummy puddles on the road. Me and the other kid laughed to hard I thought I was gonna pee. that was sick

iain said:

cracked said:

7 out of several billion people on the planet can get up the thing

I bet thousands, dare I say, millions could get up the thing. Not everyone in the world is blessed with the time and resources to bum around Switzerland climbing boulders in the forest.

You can say the same thing about hard alpine routes. Besides, I do not think this is true. This is like that quote: "If you want to climb something badly enough, you will. So why bother?" Whatever, man. I think there is an inferiority complex around here. "I'm so glad I'm not an alpha. I'm so glad I'm a Beta..". Sport climbing and bouldering makes you strong. You can apply those skills and strengths to the mountains and get up some "sick" routes. rolleyes.gifyellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gif

i won the 'porcelain busdriver" award once

for an experience with a whole bottle of red wine

as a matter offact

every drinking binge ive ended up puking from has been red wine

except the first hangover of my life, at 16

which was tequila milkshakes

Picture the drunk teenager hanging his head like a dog out the backseat window of his buddy's Mom's Volvo, adding a red-wine racing stripe. Siiiiiiiiiihk.

I wanna see that sometime from the outside looking in, instead of the other way 'round. hahaha.gif

Okay, here's one.

My Dad and I invited a friend of mine to sail with us on a 27 ft Erickson sailboat from Newport Beach to White Landing on Santa Catalina Island. I warned my friend that the sea could be rough and recommended he take some motion sickness medicine. He said, "I never take drugs, and besides, I fly in my father's private plane all the time and have never been airsick". "Okay, suit yourself", I told him.

Within 15 minutes of leaving the jetty my friend grew very quiet. Out came the ham sandwiches. He had two bites before he started to lose it. After puking over the rail, he curled up in a fetal position on the lee settee and remained there immobile for the next three hours.

As soon as we arrived at anchor he was the first into the dinghy going to shore. We brought his sleeping bag so he didn't have to return to the boat. He remained on shore until we departed the next day.

You better believe he accepted some Dramamine for the trip home. With the drugs he was actually fine and had a good time.

Moral of the story is if someone offers you free drugs, take them.

This thread is soooo wrong. But anyway: One time in college we held the "Party Stupid" Everyone was supposed to bring their bad idea. People brought lots of booze and jell-o shots and shit. People got fucked up!! Then towards the end of the party, dude shows up with ganja cookie which everyone scarfs. Twenty minutes later people are stumbling and walking around outside totally blitzed, forgotten where they were. Most people either passed out on our floor or in a ditch somewhere on the way home, or crashed their bikes numerous times trying to ride home. I was so fucked up I forgot how to talk.

Ahhh..........college.

I was caught by some Peruvian nastiness on collectivo crowded with babies and sick grandmothers and chickens and whatever. Everytime I'd look up from my Ziploc these women would gesticulate and chatter at me and squeeze their breasts ... wha? Eventually I figured out they wanted to squirt some breastmilk on a cloth for me to wipe my forehead with, some homespun remedy I guess ... retch.

JoshK said:

Dru said:

Please tell me this is the name of a drink and not actually a milkshake made with tequila, cause that sounds really sick! crazy.gif

yup

ice cream, orange juice, milk, blueberries, tequila, blend for 2 minutes on high speed, drink immediately with straw.

Dru said:

JoshK said:

Dru said:

Please tell me this is the name of a drink and not actually a milkshake made with tequila, cause that sounds really sick! crazy.gif

yup

ice cream, orange juice, milk, blueberries, tequila, blend for 2 minutes on high speed, drink immediately with straw.

I think Dru wins. That's sick.