sexual_chocolate

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sexual_chocolate said:

I had a little smiley face for a reason. Geek_em8.gif

But what about Rouhling's 15b? huh? huh? huh?

i heard it has a glued on hold so....

really it sounds kind of contrived. a long boulder problem to a rest, get the rope thrown to you, clip it into your harness, then climb a 13c. if you did a boulder traverse around Monkey Face from the base of the NW face to Just Do It, got a no hands rest, and then Just Did it would that suddenly be 15d???

the new E10 7b in England sounds like its the same type of silly. do a boulder problem , pick up the rack and harness you left on the ledge, put them on, then climb a gear protected boulder problem (6 moves) off the ledge to the top

both are super contrived whereas, La Rambla extension or Realization, are actual, start at the bottom, go to the top, no ledges, no contrived boulder starts, ROUTES. and seeing as how it was Huber that put up La Rambla i doubt its chipped either!

sexual_chocolate said:

I had a little smiley face for a reason. Geek_em8.gif

But what about Rouhling's 15b? huh? huh? huh?

Climbing's crotchety spraylord/advice columnist Master Beta recently decried Rouhling's route (Akira) as being a drillfest, specifically, a route custom-drilled to his plus-seven ape index, adding that this is "Rouhling's wingnut signature on all his routes" (paraphrase).

He's the baguettes-and-cheese version of the mighty Joe Brooks, except he hasn't quit climbing yet. Bugger that wank! thumbs_down.gif

i saw that joe brooks sells houses in vegas now!!

in the paper jason and tiffant livine bought one from him and decried his professional stature and shit.....

they now live in the beautiful summersville estates.....

yeah i have read several places that rouhling is a wizard with the drill.....i guess someone has to be?! rolleyes.gif

any route that is drilled or chipped is a1 even if they can free it

rouhlings other routes are customized drill jobs but Akira is all natural** save for glue reinforced flakes. You know, just like Smith, or the sport temple at Cheakamus, except they fell off anyways there.

** Or so says everyone who has ever seen or photographed it.

You dont actually believe anything you read in master Beta do you? Geek_em8.gif BUSTED!! Sucker fell for it

Oh yeah lets not forget metric system: Rouhlings ape index is +7cm (=+2.5 inches) not +7 inches.

erik said:

any route that is drilled or chipped is a1 even if they can free it

We need to come up with a new designation for chipped routes. A1 isn't really accurate. On one hand, you are using something artificial for progress, but since it's still your burliness holding you on and not a bunch of widgets, it's not quite the same. Perhaps a C before the rating, e.g. "Rouhling's route is C5.15b." Unfortunately, C is already used for clean aid, A (as in artificial) is already used for aid, M (as in manufactured) is already used for mixed. Anyone? Anyone?

Dru said:

rouhlings other routes are customized drill jobs but Akira is all natural** save for glue reinforced flakes. You know, just like Smith, or the sport temple at Cheakamus, except they fell off anyways there.

You dont actually believe anything you read in master Beta do you? Geek_em8.gif BUSTED!! Sucker fell for it

Oh yeah lets not forget metric system: Rouhlings ape index is +7cm (=+2.5 inches) not +7 inches.

Hey, wiseguy, Master Beta said 7 inches, not cm's. And anyway, he seems trustworthy on matters of chippage. Who d'you suppose it is, anyway? He sounds like John Sherman, or maybe Matt Samet writing like John Sherman. Fool needs to drop the third person business, as DFA has been slingin' that slop for years.

And did you hear? R&I is bringing in this Dr. Piton character, who apparently sprays in other corners of the internet. madgo_ron.gif Fake-ass crabs!

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Dru said:

Hey, wiseguy, Master Beta said 7 inches, not cm's. And anyway, he seems trustworthy on matters of chippage. Who d'you suppose it is, anyway? He sounds like John Sherman, or maybe Matt Samet writing like John Sherman. Fool needs to drop the third person business, as DFA has been slingin' that slop for years.

And did you hear? R&I is bringing in this Dr. Piton character, who apparently sprays in other corners of the internet. madgo_ron.gif Fake-ass crabs!

ah but master beta is misquoting a profile of Fred which originally appeared in On The Edge Magazine and the stat in that was +7 cm... the articlewhich featured the infamous posed shot of him bouldering out the roof of akira with the ladder on the ground he had used to get himself into pose position cause he cant actually link any of the moves anymore... yellaf.gif

Dru said:

is dr. piton anything like "pass the pitons pete" zabrok of Ontario???

yup

that sux, that guy is fucking sketchy!!!!

and likes to complicate things...

oh well, i dont read that shizz....

i just think the pictures are pretty!

there is nothing like the internet for elevating knowitalls to magazine fame, just look at john byrnes aka lord slime. if anyone ever offers me a magazine job based on the fact i spray, just shoot me...oh wait, jk already did! blush.gifyellaf.gif

Dru said:

ah but master beta is misquoting a profile of Fred which originally appeared in On The Edge Magazine and the stat in that was +7 cm... the articlewhich featured the infamous posed shot of him bouldering out the roof of akira with the ladder on the ground he had used to get himself into pose position cause he cant actually link any of the moves anymore... yellaf.gif

yellaf.gif What a goob!

And apparently Master Beta is stupid. A plus 2.5 ape is quite run-of-the-mill.

Hey, from what I've seen of Akira (that's the "15b", right?), it's not contrived at all. It's a route that starts in the back of a cave and climbs out and up a headwall. He was roped in and all, but didn't clip any bolts til turning the roof; why bother if you're only ten feet off the ground? I suppose one might simplky call it a boulder problem and end it at the lip, but the headwall would continue to call out....

And yes, that's what I heard: He simply reinforced a flake with epoxy. No holds were added.

I personally have to consider it the hardest sport route in the world until repeated. No one else has even done the moves, even though it's been tried by other strong climbers. This can't be said about Realization, which really is like running a marathon with a hard sprint at the end, in comparison.

erik said:

Dru said:

is dr. piton anything like "pass the pitons pete" zabrok of Ontario???

yup

that sux, that guy is fucking sketchy!!!!

and likes to complicate things...

oh well, i dont read that shizz....

i just think the pictures are pretty!

aka Hustler