The stupidest TR ever

Dru

This is the worst TR ever posted on cascade climbers. com

Drove to Cache Creek

Realized in Yale I had forgot my bibs - OK I will climb in Carhartts

Realized in Cache Creek I had forgot both ropes madgo_ron.gif

Fern had a rope - 60X9mm

I didnt want to lead Oregon Jacxk, or at Marble, on a single 9mm

We went to explore canyons on the Thompson River.

Hiked for half an hour

Nice canyon but no ice.

Drove home.

rolleyes.gif

Now I am bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and the part where after i dropped you off at the bus station i got a hole in my bumper courtesy of dumb ass chain smoking vietnamese guy backing up at a red light and smacking his trailer hitch into the front of my innocent Subaru madgo_ron.gif.

Dru, come on you were getting me stoked I was gonna wait for your info on lilloet then head up there tonite. Now Im gonna have to head back to manning, I checked out a scottish tale can you enlighten me on why there is a discrepancie on the number of pitches available? Is it because the lower part has no ice but you can still climb it to the upper ice that would produce 4 pitches or sometimes the whole gash is iced up that would produce 9 ? Oh and by the way next time you forget your ropes dont hesitate to call I woulda drove up and met you guys with gear no problemos. grin.gif

cheers

jesse

scottish tale - mclane sez 9 pitches but he counted all the approach snow slopes as pitches i heard havent done it myself

i would bet Lillooet is super fat right now but only for a day or so. usually when Fraser Canyon has that much ice Lillooet proper is massive.

"Is it because the lower part has no ice but you can still climb it to the upper ice that would produce 4 pitches or sometimes the whole gash is iced up that would produce 9 ? "

the original CAJ ref says 3-4 pitches rolleyes.gif. There's a long low angle gully (terrain trap!) then a left option (longer, little easier) and a right option (2? pitches,steepest). If you take the right option you can wander back left to catch the top of the left option. or so I'm told.

was there any ice in there at all?

I brought my binoculars, and yes it looked as though there was ice. A left option with some ice and a right option that was alittle hidden but looked like it contained some steeper ice leading to the same place as the left option. both lines looked as though they had decent ice. However the rock was fairly devoid of ice lower down and I had a hard time in discerning its steepness from my vantage. Thats why I was wondering if it is 3-4 pitches then maybe the lower rock is easily climbed. I looked at the link dru posted about sqaumish ice and there are two pictures of this flow, the second I beleive is a picture from the top of the route.

I'd like to give it a shot, first it needs to stop raining though cry.gif

OK here it is as promised the exciting Sunday TR. Names of gumbies have been omitted to protect the innocent and ultra-gumby.

Eds Note: Please note the precise AP writing style, my editor would be so pleased. Jim Cour eat your heart out.

SEDRO-WOOLLEY — A number of gapers spent the day inside pulling on plastic on Sunday, under the shinning canopy of an off-white, dry-walled ceiling.

The day had a slow start as much spray was spewed about which state had better climbing, Utah or Washington. However, after the rock wall was introduced to the St. George-native bolt clipper, the stretching commenced and the slippers were donned.

"Now the route is to use every hold marked with an 'S' and follow it in sequence, down to the other side, and then reverse it," said Plexus, the resident gumby. "You can use anything for your feet."

After all three members completed the three established routes on the crag dubbed, "The Bouldering Wall in my Bedroom", the beers were cracked open and the serious burn was to begin.

A minor mishap occured at the area said Plexus.

"Our Utahn guest tried showing off her big-wall skills, opening up a beer with using a Black Diamond carabiner," he said. "The carabiner got stuck and the bottle necked needed to be broken. She said that only Black Diamond biners would work. If I didn't know she was the cop & courts reporter at my work, I would have sworn she was a gear rep.

"Everybody came out alright, except for the beer which was given a ceremonious flushing down the kitchen sink."

After several hours of burn, the group retreated to turkey melts, potato salad and Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life".

"We'll be back to find some more lines on this crag," Plexus said. "There is plenty of potential and the access is wonderful. we just have to stumble out of bed."

Geek_em8.gifhahaha.gifGeek_em8.gifhahaha.gifGeek_em8.gifhahaha.gif

Dru said:

This is the worst TR ever posted on cascade climbers. com

Drove to Cache Creek

Realized in Yale I had forgot my bibs - OK I will climb in Carhartts

Realized in Cache Creek I had forgot both ropes madgo_ron.gif

Fern had a rope - 60X9mm

I didnt want to lead Oregon Jacxk, or at Marble, on a single 9mm

We went to explore canyons on the Thompson River.

Hiked for half an hour

Nice canyon but no ice.

Drove home.

rolleyes.gif

Now I am bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Ha! Now I don't feel so bad for pocketing Cappelini's keys on the way to do Louise Falls. Atleast we climbed something that day. cantfocus.gif

Dru said:

On a positive note though, I found my Tikka!!! Buried under my tire jack.

So I guess neither you, erik, danimal, micro, notgotmoney or jeff stole it after all, neither did lil' do rag from the can-ho.

NO shit! Mystery solved. I could have sworn Old Man Witherspoon did it. And he would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids!!!!