creatine

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting article. I'm staying away from any of that crap. It might help you with bouldering or single pitch rock routes by pumping you up, but I fail to see the benefit for alpine. An accelerated heartrate on ie. Mount Rainier would seem to limit your speed, not help it. The risk of heart attack seems pretty high as well. Creatine is probably a lot safer, but I think it's benefit would be limited to training IMHO. I would never take it on a big mountain. Why would you subject yourself to water retention and dehydration to get a little pumped?

I read that article. The main guy in the story was mixing ephedra with UO, so I don't think you can draw a conclusion.

About a week before that baseball player died the instructor of a first aid class I took told us how ephedra increased the likelyhood of heat stroke.

• 2 weeks later...

My teenage son is a rippling monster. He uses none of that shit. He eats a balanced diet, adds a100mg tab of B-12, 1200mg C, and alot of water. Can't keep a case of tunafish or a dead cow in the house. But here is the point------ He has wanted to try creatin and other stuff on occasion. When I ask him why, he says so he will look better. The girls are already falling all over him. I think it's all in your head. Don't let that marketing fool you. There is no substitute for a good diet of lean meat, greens and limited carbs. This shouldn't surprise anyone.