PNW Climbing/Exploration/Outdoors Books

olyclimber

That Oly fishing guide, I have a copy of that.  Funny to see it is going for around $5 or $100 on Amazon right now.   Have seens someone elses copy of that Burdo book.  The Mines and Treasures book looks awesome!  Does it give good directions to the treasure?    

My parents have a huge trove of books like this, I'm not sure they have that one though.

On 10/17/2023 at 10:48 AM, Otto said:

Here are four from my old guidebook box. The Rich Carlstad/Don Brooks book was the one I followed around when I first started climbing in the late 1970s. I've met both those guys, but never climbed with them.IMG_6092.JPG.5db0278417951ff6199bd1a4d3e2585c.JPG

is that the "first edition" of the Leavenworth guide by Beckey? Doesn't have the fancy picture on the cover like mine.

12 hours ago, JasonG said:

Ha, I bought many of those new when they came out! Am I old?

I'm 36 but I work with 13 and 14 year olds... a few years ago I realized none of my students from my nearly decade long teaching career were born when 9/11 happened. Also baggy jeans are back in style. 😱 Everything is relative.