Drury Falls

spiderman

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who is serious about climbing Drury should check this web page. You can link to a remote weather station located in Tumwater canyon just across from Drury Falls, and get real time weather readings and a 10 day history of those readings.

http://www.nwac.noaa.gov/mountain_data_sites__navigation.htm

under the heading North Central Cascades click on Tumwater Canyon--Past

You can see that on 2-25 and 2-26 it was cold enough to form, now all we need is about a week of these temps.... good luck.

Drove by drury on the way home sunday. It is formed a good deal. Couldn't tell if it was touched down from our view driving by on US2, but it looked like enough was there that I would be tempted to do the approach should I have the time...

JoshK said:

Drove by drury on the way home sunday. It is formed a good deal. Couldn't tell if it was touched down from our view driving by on US2, but it looked like enough was there that I would be tempted to do the approach should I have the time...

It had large gaping cracks and sheets of ice missing. Maybe you need some new glasses.

Cpt.Caveman said:

JoshK said:

It had large gaping cracks and sheets of ice missing. Maybe you need some new glasses.

I think it had more to do that there was a line of cars behind and I glanced at it from the driver's seat doing 60mph tongue.giffruit.gif

JoshK said:

Cpt.Caveman said:

JoshK said:

I think it had more to do that there was a line of cars behind and I glanced at it from the driver's seat doing 60mph tongue.giffruit.gif

Same difference really. Better than to report false information. Yes there was ice up there. I bet it was crashing down though. wave.gif

but it looked like enough was there that I would be tempted to do the approach should I have the time...

smirk.gif