Using nuclear weapons in Iraq

allthumbs

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Veggie-

Nobody is arguing that Saddam is a good guy. I believe the current international and domestic debate has to do with what to do about him, what may be the costs or benefits associated with any particular scenario, and what should be the nature and extent of international cooperation in the world. I believe that even the most ardent anti-war protesters here and abroad acknowledge that Saddam is an evil despot.

My prediction - Iraq crumbles like yesterday's toast with no nukes used and feeble attempts by Saddam to deliver some gas and/or germs before he is found hanging from a lamppost with his girl friend. This guy is just another pissant dictator with some nasties, but cannot be left around to grow in stature if we backed down now.

Anybody ever notice the striking similarity of Saddam and Mussolini on their balconies, one shooting his rifle in a silly hat, and the other with his arms crossed and a silly smirk? The same fate awaits.

I find it interesting that people will spend time here DECIDING in their own minds who gets to live and die on planet Earth, and then when they're faced with a mere representation of the reality they support, they get squeamish. That photo that Scott posted breaks my heart all to hell.

(Note: Edit to reflect the fact that I've taken erik's points to heart, even if I have been quoted below)

Sincerely,

Erik Reinert

Edited by E-rock

I find it interesting that people will spend time here DECIDING in their own minds who gets to live and die on planet Earth, and then when they're faced with a mere representation of the reality they support, they get squeamish. That photo that Scott posted breaks my heart all to hell.

FUCK YOU TRASK, GREGW, DWAYNER and the rest of you knuckle-dragging, hairy old men.

Sincerely,

Erik Reinert

you can have the others, but I prefer women

The Goat has sprayed

mad.gif

Let's be perfectly clear here. There is only one goat, and I can pretty much guarantee you will be introduced to him shortly with a topic like this, as it has nothing to do with climbing and everything to do with THE GOAT. yellaf.gif

Us goats are basically all the same. We smell bad tongue.gif

FUCK YOU TRASK, GREGW, DWAYNER and the rest of you knuckle-dragging, hairy old men.

Sincerely,

Erik Reinert

Gee, Erik, I thought you liberals were all about diversity. Can't our opinions be diverse, too? That photo is horrible, but so is war, and war is sometimes necessary.

Jesus Christ Scott. And you wonder why I flip you shit. shocked.gif

What's wrong, Trask? Something wrong with the results of nuclear war? Don't worry, it was probably just some stupid kid. -- FDA

This forum isn't the place to showcase it fuckwad.

"I am of the mind to use them (nuclear weapons.) Anybody have any thoughts on the matter? Pro or Con? What do people think about the fallout, both physical and political?"

You asked...

i kinda find it weird that sooo many people(myself included) who have never seen combat let alone a true confrontation can hold soo many aggressive ideals.

i at one time thought that war was a neccesay way to acheive objectives and that may be true. but they are only objectives. the politcal cheastbeating that transpires here is sometimes so fucking childish that it truley mimics some filabuster put on by the good ole' boys club.

the only thing war acheives is short term glory and gains and a huge loss of life. wheter it be the "enemy" or the good guys.

there is more then one or two sides of this issue. but the overzealous and sometimes sickening beats on the war drum that speaw from these threads is unbelieveable.

we are all entitiled to our opinions, but your opinion in my eyes is not valid if it is tainted with "fuckwad" "you pussy" "peice of shit asshole"

these are the words of people with no point, these are the words of people who have no words.

my brother is over there in the middle east and has the possibilty of dying. even though i have never much got along with my family, do you think i would even want him involved in this bullshit ego trip? fuck no!! it truly worries me that he may be killed or injured. maybe most of you have less to lose in this conflict outside of some personal comforts and gas prices.

use your brain, and consider yourself ready for action.

the truth of it is, erik, that we could all die at any moment

profound muffy

but you missed my point.

there is much talk here but little action. i used my personal view and how i relate to the upcoming conflict to express my point.

certainly we all may die tommorow or even right. but going after rhetoric for a little substantiated personal issue is no reason to send others into war.

i read all this stuff that people are posting and wonder where they're real values are? i have met many people from this site and hold respect for everyone of them., but in reading this i just wonder.

Interesting website giving shedding a little light on the goverment's Human rights history, (or lack therof). Some of the stories of torture are pretty graphic, just so you know ahead of time, but, no gross photos.

http://www.iraqfoundation.org/index.html

i would love to see website telling us of our own countries human right abuses. then again reading a book on the cia. they dont actually torture their enemies. they have "friendly" countries to our plight handle that. how is that different???

and why is it that our actions as americans are deemed worthy in the view of the angelo christain ideals, yet everyone else is a punk???