• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
DPS

Winter Speculation Thread

Does anybody know what type of winter to expect this year (e.g. El Nino, La Nina, Pineapple Express)?  

dunno, but based on the past 3 weeks, i'm gonna go w/ "wet"

I checked Cliff Mass' blog and the bottom line for me was 'no reason not to buy a season ski pass'. 

4 hours ago, DPS said:

I checked Cliff Mass' blog and the bottom line for me was 'no reason not to buy a season ski pass'. 

I buy one even on horrible predicted years.  Shitty day on the hill is 1000% better than sitting at home.

even in years where it was predicted to be warm and dry turned out to be pretty OK seasons overall.

but warm and normal precipitation could mean some good alpine tromping times.  Warm and dry better.  

bigeo, we need to climb/ski something together.  It has been too long since our last trip to East Willman's Spire.