Scramble the fighters!

vegetablebelay

damn straight we are. the sex is outrageous and she's a fox. damn, I'm happier than a pig in slop! smileysex5.gif

awwwwwwww.......that's so nice of you sweet cheeks but next time could you use a better analogy? i thought the mud wrestling was gonna be our little secret.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to believe that war is the manifistation of the universal battle of good against evil. The struggle for balence. But then I might watch too much star wars wink.gif

i like muffy's idea best and if this thing does actually happen, i am going to force myself into this belief in order to swallow it w/o gagging.

glacier dog,

then what is it about? I don't think it's about the oil myself but i'm always curious about what others think it is.

Personally, I think it's about time. (note the play on words. tongue.gif) Iraq is the middle eastern country that does not play well with others. They have never been forthright with the rest of the world, and the Hussein regime has been and always will be a repressive dictatorship. I'm all for different cultures. But when women can be jailed or shot for allowing a strand of hair to come loose from under their shrouds? I believe we should have finished Hussein off the first time. I don't think we could have found a good replacement, (look at the Taliban) but I'm sure it would have been an improvement.

We are going to war to hold Iraq accountable for more than a decade of lies and subterfuge. We ARE a global community, now more than ever. And the rules need to be enforced.

I’m going to have to back up a page or two here. When I first proposed that the Kuwaiti baby story was totally made up, several folks implied our government would never do that. Everyone heard the original testimony because the people who wanted it heard (the defense dept) made sure it got out in the media. And of course, later, much later, we find out it was a lie. That story got was buried on page B12.

It’s called manufacturing consent. The mainstream media is little more than a dupe, parroting what the White House press office sends them. You don’t want too much dissent out there, true democracy is messy. So you have to dig to get the real story. It’s not on the nightly news, the Wall Street Journal, nor the NY Times. So if they were able to create that previous theater, what is true now? Seems like the US populace is like a bunch of bobble headed dolls. Yep, ok, yep, sounds good to me.

I’m not saying military means is to always be avoided; it should be the last resort. And we probably could have avoided this in the first place. Sadam was our buddy, we gave him piles of arms and never agent technology to fight the Iranians, turned a blind eye to his using gas on the Kurds, and let US based corporations sell him early stage nuclear technology. When he went native, we had our usual knee-jerk reaction. What a surprise.

I would like to believe that war is the manifistation of the universal battle of good against evil. The struggle for balence. But then I might watch too much star wars wink.gif

i like muffy's idea best and if this thing does actually happen, i am going to force myself into this belief in order to swallow it w/o gagging.

wink.gif everything always works out just how it should cool.gif

glacier dog,

then what is it about? I don't think it's about the oil myself but i'm always curious about what others think it is.

Personally, I think it's about time. (note the play on words. tongue.gif) Iraq is the middle eastern country that does not play well with others. They have never been forthright with the rest of the world, and the Hussein regime has been and always will be a repressive dictatorship. I'm all for different cultures. But when women can be jailed or shot for allowing a strand of hair to come loose from under their shrouds? I believe we should have finished Hussein off the first time. I don't think we could have found a good replacement, (look at the Taliban) but I'm sure it would have been an improvement.

We are going to war to hold Iraq accountable for more than a decade of lies and subterfuge. We ARE a global community, now more than ever. And the rules need to be enforced.

well said. I would not want to condem other women to living that life. even if it is there custom.

It’s called manufacturing consent. The mainstream media is little more than a dupe, parroting what the White House press office sends them. You don’t want too much dissent out there, true democracy is messy.

Jim,

I think that your cynicism is misplaced---it should be directed at the press more than the Federal government. The last thing Colin Powell would want to have done yesterday is stand before the world with flase or tweaked evidence.

On the other hand, the news media feel successful when a big story has been made. I think it matters little whether they scoop the story or actually help "make" the story (by not checking sources, jumping to conclusions, etc.) Just look at the shuttle crash to date. The recent news headlines would have you believe several versions of a conclusion about the cause of failure, although clearly NASA has made no such conclusion.

Or like Nicolae Ceausescu. It's better if the Iraqis do it themselves.

Anybody ever see the video footage of Nicholae's impromptu execution? Startling stuff.

Actually Bucharest is a very neat city. And Nicholae built himself one Hell of a palace!

I guess where I am going with all of this is that we (the human race) needs a fundamental shift in how we view our place on this planet and our relationship with each other or things will always be the same, just different clothes. Everyting is good as long as you are on top is great until you gain a little empathy. It is a short step to the bottom, and institutions and constructs that focus on the bottom line don't take the human condition into account.

I agree one hundred percent that we need to change how we do things. But I think that is happening right now. We are constantly working as a society to improve on what we have already. Everyone with gumption enough is fighting to correct their own personal gripe with the way things are. And if enough people agree, it happens. Granted, we've taken a step back here and there. But overall, I'm glad to be living in these times. I get to go to war next week. I have the opportunity to stike a blow against evil. And Bush is doing it. He isn't waiting for the UN to quibble their way to another resolution. He is saying, "This man must be stopped. We are going to do it." If that isn't a welcome change of pace, I don't know what is. wazzup.gif

Robbob,

I understand your point, but I think you are only partially correct. In the case of the shuttle the press is jumping on any shred. But in the Iraq case, there is a lot at stake.

The feds have always manipulated the press, and in very clever ways. To suggest otherwise is, with no disrespect to you, naivie. I think Powell and other may think they are acting justly, and I think they would lie through their teeth to gain their objective, manipulate data, anything to gain public opinion. They've done it in the past and will again. The Kuwati incident I mentioned earlier is but one example. It wasn't the press that made that one up. They just took it hook, line, and sinker and ran with it. This is common.