Good Bouldering/Climbing spots in Seattle area??

MarshMan19

I'm new to climbin in the Seattle area and I'm wondering if anyone know's of good places to do some bouldering and some sport climbing? confused.gif In the 11 range or the 4-6 range? I'm from Vancouver, WA so I climbed a lot in Portland and other areas. But I moved up to "Kirkland" in August of last year.....thanx for the help! bigdrink.gif

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

little si and exit 38

little si doesnt have a current guide book(rock climbing washington sucks ass!!!!!!!!!) though check out the ouget sound travellers guide. plus local areas benefit from the sale of this book!!!!

exit 38 has a new super guide book out, there is also a website. do a google search.

rattle snake cliff has some interesting routes...though it has been a couple years since i have climbed there..it is dirty and cool!!!

In the winter there is cool bouldering at the Rattlesnake Lake boulder. It is limited but will have some good routes. I would not call it a destination from your address but if you are here and alone then check it out.

Lots of bouldering in Leavenworth I agree. Just walk through the woods sometimes and you might find something fun.

My favorite sport climbing spot must be Mt Erie and at Index. Somewhere near zoom should put you in a good area.

Edited by Cpt.Caveman

Exit 38 at nevermind has good undocumented bouldering that stays dry in the rain if you take a junk dome tent and a heater it can make for a good time even in the winter.

A classic V-2 35ft traverse at the wayout boulder at exit 38 on the way up the trail to the sport climbing

Vantage: as listed in the new guide book V-5 to dropoff point

V-7-X highball problem 45 degree roof that stays dry in the pouring rain, even has an old mattress, this problem will work you to a flamed out condition , it did me in, other undocumented problems also there.

Leavenworth is the best and has a guide but the weather this time of year can be a little harsh

there is other stuff at rattlesnake. You gotta sniff it out. Here is a picture of the "rock" in the lake http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/plab/showphoto.php?photo=98&papass=&sort=1&thecat=503

and this is a shot of a buddy an I sniffing out some real gems!

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/plab/data/503/1289sweetwashington_-med.jpg

bring your brush,bow saw and maybe some lighter fluid.

SMC 12A.54.010 Climbing prohibited.

It is unlawful for anyone to climb or be upon that certain rock or boulder known as the "Wedgewood Rock" located within the public street area at the intersection of Northeast 72nd treet and 28th Avenue Northeast.

(Ord. 99363 Section 1(a), 1970.)

A "glacial erratic" is a rock, generally a boulder I think, that has been left behind after the passage of a glacier. It is not formed of the same rock as the underlying bedrock where it is found, and thus "does not comply" (the origin of the use of the word "erratic."). I think I remember someone postulating that the Wedgewood Boulder came from somwhere in BC so it is not only erratic, but alien.