Mystery Photo

mattp

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No pun, Darin. The day before we climbed the CMC route, somebody had fallen off and died. They came along with the body bag, and we carried out the abandoned camping equipment and the rope that had been left behind.

Slappy's picture looks like it may have a pine in the foreground (hard to tell), and the trees in the background appear as if they may be east of the crest or in a slightly rainshadowed environment. I'm guessing Coquihalla maybe?

Matt- That's not actually a sleeping pad, although we were carrying over. It is a low elevation climb that can easily be seen from the road but there is no direct "trail" to the formation and there is significant elevation gain to the base. It can be done in a day (rare) but we had another objective as well.

*The clue has to do with the distinct change of color in the stone from the climber's left to his right. It is described as such in the Beckey Bible.

the mole or something in the rat creek group

dberdinka: I climbed Jupiter column a long time ago and my recollection is that the rock is stellar albeit a bit grungy. I can't recall the climb we did but it was a 5.8 route. Lotsa potential.