Stupor Bowl

Dwayner

I like football about as much as I like sport-climbing.....i.e., I don't. Anybody else think the Stupor Bowl is lame? I'm getting in my car and heading toward the rainy peaks. Even the drive is better than being around a bunch of pepped-up, nacho-swillin', touch-down high-fivin', beer-spillin'-on-the-couch yellin', $10-bettin', loud-mouths shouting at a television screen.

Don't this look fun:

football_tv.gif

YAWNNN!!!!!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I disagree with Dwayner that sport climbing is ALL bad, I must agree with him on the stupor bowl issue. I still don't know who's playing, and I really don't care. snaf.gif I think it would be hilarious to tape some idiots yelling at the screen and dancing war dances, edit out the sound, and play it for them. If you take away the setting, their antics are embarrassing as all hell.

Dwayner, I already did my rain slog yesterday with klenke (see Lewis Peak TR). I'm sore and tired and I'm actually looking forward to hanging out with wayne1112 in front of a TV and drinking beers. If the game gets boring, we can always swap climbing stories or play on his climbing wall. I made delicious lemon squares to bring in case anyone develops a sweet tooth. HCL.gif

I will not ridicule anyone for having fun.

Yesterday I had a group of UW football player on my Whidbey Island field trip who were very disruptive and noisy.

But they were having more fun than me, and I couldn't give them a hard time about it.

If people have fun watching a football game every so often, while hanging out with good friends and family, why should that piss you off?

I made delicious lemon squares to bring in case anyone develops a sweet tooth.

Not often that you hear about TR's and baking lemon squares in the same paragraph. ... Personally, the bouldering sounds better to me. I also think that E-rock has this one pegged though. Another way of looking at it is that the stupor-bowl provides a great chance to do shit on a weekend without all the crowds. If it wasn't raining, I'd probably be cutting turns in some bowls of my own today. Instead, I think I'll go spin some cranks on a mysteriously empty Burke Gilman. Seems pretty good to me. rockband.gif