Moonstone Outlet

allison

There is a store out at the North Bend outlet mall that is selling tons and tons of mostly Moonstone clothes at rock-bottom prices. Of particular interest is a lot of stretch fleece stuff, and Thermolite Jackets and vests. The Thermolite stuff is Moonstone's version of Patagucci's Puffball jacket and vest. They have these in about a jillion colors, mens' and womens', the jackets are $30 and the vests $25.

Lots of other assorted fleece, shell gear, skis stuff, but the best of the lot IMO is the fleece and the puffies.

Store closes 1/31, so don't delay.

PS. Store doesn't really have a name, it just has a black and white sign that says "Moonstone" and some other stuff, and it is sort of by the Eddie Bauer outlet.

Edited by allison

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trask spewed:

Shows what all that high-priced, name-brand crap is REALLY worth, doesn't it Allison.

You left out high quality and innovative design.

But then the founder was a pot-smoking hippie so we know where your bias lies. But wait, you would have no idea about that because you probably didn't bother to check out Moonstone or it's equipment before you spewed your typically mean and worthless post.

ScottPissHead, I just don't know what to say to a dickwad like you. What a pathetic pint of piss you be. Don't bother me anymore.

But it's so much fun!

Seriously, Moonstone makes good gear. It is typically less expensive than other brands of the same quality.

Now you know.

Shows what all that high-priced, name-brand crap is REALLY worth, doesn't it Allison.

All I was trying to say originally, was that regardless of the tecno goodies and fancy names, the shit is all overpriced and it's nice to see this crap offered reasonably for a change. Jeez.

Oh, yeah, now I see it.

All I was trying to say originally, was that regardless of the tecno goodies and fancy names, the shit is all overpriced and it's nice to see this crap offered reasonably for a change. Jeez.

That "reasonable" price is close to wholesale or often less than wholesale.

Good point. Trask is right, you get raped when buying a product at full retail price. But that is not necessarily the manufacturers fault. Most retailers mark up their gear by atleast 100%. It's the middle man that you should blame.

Yeah they mark up the gear at least 100% (with gear it's usually 200%) They also bear alot of the costs associated with that gear (advertising, storage, in many cases processing returns,etc.) and get screwed if it doesn't sell. Of course people aren't really willing to buy factory direct in most cases (Rainey Bindings, Various custom packs, etc. serve as good examples of the limited growth possibilities of selling factory direct) so manufacturers need the retail stores that they screw with their outlets (you ever looked at the deals you can get on Patagucci or TNF stuff at their outlets? It's absurd - particularly since often the models are still in production)

I don't know for sure. I think we were in there at around 5pm. I think the best way to find out might be to call the Eddie Bauer outlet, they might know, or if they are not too busy, they might run over and ask for you. I *think* the whole mall is open until 7 or 8, but I would hate for you to drive out there and find out it is closed.