Freddy Meyer U-Scan versus regular human checkout

allison

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah she looks tough. probably just has to pull a string and a portcullis falls down with boiling oil and everything.

i've set off those alarms before too when they forget to deactivate the little tabs on expensive stuff. walked in and out like 5 times with the thing going off, wondering when the guys in suits would show up. no one batted an eye. tight ship they run there.

Allison,

Safeway, Albertsons, QFC (owned by Fred Meyers) are union. Fred Meyer grocery employees are union, but the non-food area employees are not, and are paid LESS than their grocery counterparts. Go figure! frown.gif

Wal Mart is expanding their operation and will soon be a dominant player in the state's grocery industry. Most existing stores will be full grocery operations within the next few years. I will NOT shop at Wal Mart. Although unions have their shortcomings, the treatment and pay that non union Wal Mart employees receive is sub-standard, to say the least.

Costco, while non union, seems to have a very equitable pay and benefits program for their employees. I occasionally shop there.

The pressure that Wal Mart is putting on other grocery retailers is tremendous. Sadly, it looks like Wal Mart's strong-arm tactics may spell doom for the Retail Grocery Clerks Union.

Oh yeah...I occasionally use the "U Scan".

Walmart and Sam's Club are pure evil.....if you do not believe me read In Sam We Trust , which give insights on everything from anti-unionism to sweatshop stuff, to driving small businesses into bankruptcy with brutal tactics.

On the other hand, both Costco and FedEx are non-union and treat their employees so well that I have no problem spending my money with them.

Thx FW, that is what I thought re Fred meyer's union employees.