Fire Lookouts?

ChrisT

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Park Butte is nice. Been up there a few times. The best was the day hiked up there, went over to Survey Point and everythign was overcast, couldn't see Baker. And then seeing Baker the next day at sunrise with nary a cloud in the sky shocked.gif. Nice!

Also I hear a guy is refurbishing the lookout on Lookout Mountain. That's a nice huffer for you. It's even more than 450' vert per mile grin.gif!!

Trask, you should come up and visit me in Sedro-Woolley some time....the sheep are still scared frown.gif

There is a book on this subject.

How to Rent a Fire Lookout in the Pacific Northwest

Tom Foley and Tish Steinfeld, Wilderness Press

There are some cabins in there as well, including the ONF cabin called Interorrem where Timm@y and his wife once stayed, and where I have made bunches of art, and the Louella Cabin outside of Sequim that my family and I have enjoyed the last two Christmases.

Chris--

I stayed at Flagg Point both times. Both times over the christmas holidays. First time solo with my dog, second time with my then-girlfriend. I thought it was romantic, she didn't--in spite of the bottle of wine and candles I had secretly lugged up there in my pack. As you probably know, its about 9 miles there in the winter on skis or snowshoes. Pretty secluded except for snowmobilers. Accomodations are great--everything you need except food and running water.