What happened to NWMJ?

wayne

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know where the Northwest Mountain Journal went? All the links are 404ed, or is it just me?

Not to worry. This is a temporary situation. About a week ago, the Mountaineers rolled out a major update to their website.

The club's initial effort is focused on getting all their volunteer services and trip signups running smoothly again on the new system. When this is done, they've promised me that we'll get NWMJ on the air again.

All past issues of the journal are backed up on my computer at home and in a distributed version control system on bitbucket.org. Someday perhaps I'll turn bitbucket.org into a public account so anybody can work on it. But for now, I have sole access.

As soon as the Mountaineers are ready, I'll upload the NWMJ again to their site via FTP. It'll be a trivial task.

Sorry for the downtime. I should have thought to post something about it.

• 5 months later...

If you tried to view the Northwest Mountaineering Journal anytime during the past six months, you would have found it impossible. This was due to an update to the mountaineers.org website software in May 2014. I've resolved this problem now.

The journal has been moved to my personal site, alpenglow.org. Here is the top-level page:

http://www.alpenglow.org/nwmj/

I met with the Mountaineers this week and determined that their new website platform doesn't accommodate the content that I posted on their old site very well, so I decided to re-host it on my personal site.

The journal will remain available on alpenglow.org for as long as I'm around (and if I can figure out how to make it happen, longer than that). Sorry for the extended downtime.