[TR] Mount Ann - Standard 2/8/2014

JasonG

Trip: Mount Ann - Standard

Date: 2/8/2014

Trip Report:

The snow of the last couple of weeks has almost made me forget what a drought we were experiencing earlier in the winter. The upside to that was sun, and lots of it, even if the ski conditions were nothing to write home about. Kit and I snuck out for one last sunny day before the storms came rolling in and we were treated to the typically inspiring views found just beyond the Heather Meadows lot. It had been a long time since I had been over to Mount Ann, and after a quick chat with Oyvind (he was teaching a course) the plan was hatched to head down Swift Creek and away from the hustle and bustle of the Bagley lakes bowl. We were surprised to have the mountain to ourselves on a sunny, busy weekend, and savored the views of some of our favorite peaks from a slightly different angle. At some point in the day I remember thinking "It must be a drag to live in the Midwest."

Mainly though, I wanted to post a few pictures to entertain our friend Steve who is recovering from major surgery and is living vicariously thru cc.com. You'll be out in the hills soon, my friend! These are for you:

2014Mount_Ann7602.jpg

2014Mount_Ann7603.jpg

2014Mount_Ann7604.jpg

2014Mount_Ann7612.jpg

2014Mount_Ann7615.jpg

2014Mount_Ann7633.jpg

2014Mount_Ann7650.jpg

2014Mount_Ann7647.jpg

2014Mount_Ann7658.jpg

2014Mount_Ann7690.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created