The Next Clinton

RobBob

Mark my words, now that Gore has retired to the old tin mine in TN, there will be a shiny new darling that advances rapidly in the running for the Democratic nomination. His name is John Edwards, a senator from North Carolina. While only a rookie senator, this will be seen as an asset, since he has little 'baggage.' A smiling, vapid frat-boy, but possessing the gift of gab, he has everything including charisma and stories of personal suffering to draw Democrats who vote with their hearts and not their minds. Don't believe him---he's made a freaking fortune as a personal-injury lawyer, and represents what's wrong with America.

I post this now so that you will remember in 20 months or so what a prescient thinker I am. My instincts have been good in the past. For instance, in early 1991, I attended a business meeting in the Excelsior Hotel in Little Rock. Then-governor Clinton greeted each of us at the door with a handshake and a smile, and proceeded to give our group an extraorinarily warm welcome to Arkansas. (If I had known at the time what he probably was up to upstairs that day, I would have promptly washed my hands. shocked.gif) After the meeting, I told my wife "I just met a future President of the United States." At the time he was an unknown like Edwards.

Remember, don't vote for Edwards! bigdrink.gif

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic