• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get it

Some folks have stars below stars

others dont

Short TR from the shop

Fri am early

Its early and I dont want to work yet. As the clock strikes 4:30 and I'm making my way through the second cup of joe of the day I spy a small problem.

Above the Radial arm table (maybe 8'6-9') is a florescent fixture suspended in place by a single 10' long piece of light weight unistrut. One end is loosely fastened by a huge 'U' bolt the other bolted to the sloped ceiling with plumbers tape. As my eyes return to ground level to inspect the potential grounder I am contemplating, my co-worker's eyes meet mine with a look of "What the fuck could you be thinking/staring at on the ceiling" this early in the day?

Oh yeah, thats exactly what his look said, I was there and the challenge had been laid with out a word spoken.

I couldn't believe the the short shit would even think of giving me grief at that hour (he's like 5'5" with heal lifts) So I slamed down the coffee cup and lept to the table top. No verbal exchange whatsoever. I positioned myself directly below the Unistrut and gaged the leap.

It was'nt pretty but I coiled and sprang judging the distance perfectly reaching the apex just as my fingers wrapped the steel bar. A mass of sawdust floated down off the fixture and into my co-workers hair and mouth as he gaped up at my swinging torso pitty.gif

The light flickered once as I carefully swung hand over hand toward the beam the unistrut was shakily positioned on,

a simple heal hook and a twist had me ontop of the structural girder, looking down I kicked more sawdust laughing "Try that short shit".

He knew the dead point was well beyond his shortened stature and he scurried away to avoid the dry dust storm I was intentionally unleasing from above.

The down climbing was uneventful and we began our workday in proper style, with a break for more coffee.

I love Fridays!

bigdrink.gif

Then there's Dru with his One red (North?) Star

Thanx Peter, wait, what am I thanking you for, you give 5 to everyone

Did you notice that if you hold your cursor over the stars, you can see how many times a person has been rated? For instance, I have been rated 20 times at this point... Smoker 3 times...Allison 37 times that girl is popular fruit.gif