New American Political Landscape

prole

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope, gonna need a lot more uneducated and angry brown folks on your team :)

again, i'm all for it, i just don't think its gonna be "the end of history"

well, it's going to be hard to get that brown vote, since for the past 10 years they were blamed for everything is wrong with this country, and most of the right wing fucks wanted to just deport their family members. In this regard republicans are pretty much fucked, no matter what they are trying to do now.

In this regard republicans are pretty much fucked, no matter what they are trying to do now.

Republican is just a label. There have always been political conservatives, and there have always been political parties -- only the political parties keep changing names. Conservatism isn't going anywhere, but maybe there will be a new conservative party that is better positioned for the modern electorate. Or maybe the republicans will kick out the tea-partiers and pivot. Either way, the "angry white guy" vote isn't going to cut it, anymore.

In this regard republicans are pretty much fucked, no matter what they are trying to do now.

nonsense. republicans were once the party of lincoln and the democratic party of today is the direct descendent of the one that fought to preserve slavery. since our national memory for such history is essentially nil (and arguably not even relevant anyway), the republicans have no theoritical barrier to pandering to minorities.

i admit it will be hard for them, but then if angry whities start showing up w/ the dems again, that'll help...

angry white guys will continue to be powerful at any rate, just less so than in the past, which i imagine we can all agree was too goddamn much.

angry white guys are becoming extinct relic of the past due to their poor health in general. At the age of 70, there twice as many females as males, the ratio gets even worse at 80. In 10 years they will be "nobody gives a flying fuck about you" group. Since the only "power" they represent is the numbers the outcome is simple: no numbers=no power. In the meantime there are 50K latinos turning 18 every day. This generation is lost, since for the past 10 years they were hearing nothing, but a stream of insults and threats of deportation.

funny, i see quite a few angry, YOUNG white kids floating around my work place every day...

...i guess it is the pacific northwest though.

"no numbers= no power" only works too if the folks w/ no numbers have no cash. angry whities will be hanging on to that for a good long while i'll wager.