Personality Matters

RobBob

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

INTJ - The Portrait of a Mastermind

join the elite club. apparently we are "rather rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population." i think we should start a club.

I took that test out of a book some time ago and I remember the part about "1% of the population" in my description... wink.gif

What the hell, is this test meant to flatter us? My type says 1% also. By my count that makes 4 of the 16 personality types that each comprise only 1% of the population.

I talked to friends about this a long time ago, one a psychologist and the other an anthropologist. They both were of the opinion that these tests could be used as tools to determine a personality type like intended, but there's nothing that suggests that ONLY these personality types exist. The reason it seems hokey (like astrology) is because it kinda works. But I had this conversation a long time ago and can't remember the details.

Incidentally both times I took the test (then and today), I got the same personality type INFP - "Healer". The description fits me fairly well, I think.

What the hell, is this test meant to flatter us? My type says 1% also. By my count that makes 4 of the 16 personality types that each comprise only 1% of the population.

i know i was the same as paco, so that might only be 3 ... but regardless, your observation might deserve some merit. perhaps it speaks to the types of temperaments that are attracted to sports like rock climbing and mountaineering. that or doing these stupid tests and spraying about them. we'd need a bigger sample to make such generalizations, though. maybe we can't get the administrators to make the temperament test a requirement for joining this board.

derr.gif