Iran Greets Obama's Reelection

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jesus, reverse the situation - if iran was routinely flying drones over our country we'd carpet-bomb tehran - sure, okay, maybe this time the drone wasn't over their turf, but that obviously ain't always the case, given that we admitted one crashed recently in iran, right?

OK the title is misleading... this occurred before the election but we just are hearing about it now...

like all the other secret shit every administration, republican or democrat, is doing in our name, we only occasionally catch wind of it - our relationship w/ iran is so deeply poisoned, and plenty through our own foolishness, i've not the first clue how to go about fixing it...

OK the title is misleading... this occurred before the election but we just are hearing about it now...

like all the other secret shit every administration, republican or democrat, is doing in our name, we only occasionally catch wind of it - our relationship w/ iran is so deeply poisoned, and plenty through our own foolishness, i've not the first clue how to go about fixing it...

It's a pity 'cos I think Iran would be a way cool place to visit.

Maybe someone could just off Ahmanutajob?

i've not the first clue how to go about fixing it...

Given the age demographics in Iran I think it's mostly a matter of keeping a lid on the place long enough for younger folks to prevail. Kids in Iran want the same things as every other kid: an iPhone, a Honda or Fiat, and a girlfriend.

iranagepyramid.gif

i've met one iranian, back when i was first learning to climb, who is cool as hell - friendly, bold, totally pissed at the joke that is his government, yet simultaneously a great patriot who no doubt would fight anyone who invaded his home, for whatever reason...

Yep, as long as we don't totally fuck up and attack Iran, then the poison in the relationship will be gone when the Iranian government goes. A big fear I had of a Romney administration was a Neocon attack by the US against the nation of Iran. It would be game over then, in so many ways. I mean, seriously, look at where we are with Afghanistan, which was arguably one of the poorest, weakest nations on earth when we attacked it. And still, they fight. Iran, by contrast, one of the wealthier and technologically more advanced nations, with a highly educated population; scientists, engineers, means of production... As it is, or would have been, an America lead by politicians WHO CANNOT DO SIMPLE MATH would readily be an America predisposed to calculate victory and advantage out of an attack on the Iranians, no matter the evidence to the contrary.

Yes, things would be different if people here had a fucking clue about that part of the world in the first place. Like people there don't like to be called iranians, but Persians, they don't speak arabic, but Farsi. Now you see what stupidity leads to, that is why Romney was a wrong person for international affairs. but hey wtf do you know, you are from california...

I'm from CA, too. Guess that's one more think KKK and I have in common. Pretty clueless down there, especially Silicon Valley.

Plenty of Iranian friends have referred to themselves as such, but its hardly a world shattering issue. I wouldn't assume us yanks are unfamiliar with the breed - anyone who's worked in tech for very long has probably known an Iranian or two, or three, or...

Yes, things would be different if people here had a fucking clue about that part of the world in the first place. Like people there don't like to be called iranians, but Persians, they don't speak arabic, but Farsi. Now you see what stupidity leads to, that is why Romney was a wrong person for international affairs. but hey wtf do you know, you are from california...

if ur one of the smart ones/ "enlightened ones" we are heading for oblivion :)

Good morning fuckwit. I see someone pissed in your cheerios again this morning.

My best friend in elementary school was from Iran. His family was related to a rival ayatollah to the most infamous one and "disappeared". Suffice it to say that after the revolution they never went back to visit family. He is just one of many Iranians I have known - some preferring to be referred to as Persians, others not caring.

It's impressive that you know that Iranians speak Farsi and not Arabic. Really, such an intellect you have. Of course a huge intellect is required to massage men all day for a living.