Capitol Hill among America's Hippest Hipster Hoods

Bronco

For some reason, downtown Everett didn't make the list. :rolleyes:

What makes a hipster paradise?

According to Forbes, it’s neighborhoods where the urban youth can sip on single-origin java from a nearby coffee shop, eat from food trucks, shop for organics at farmers markets and watching indie bands play in small venues.

And, while Seattleites can do the aforementioned in nearly every neighborhood, Forbes says Capitol Hill is the place for hipsters to be.

Capitol Hill came in 8th in Forbe’s “America's Hippest Hipster Neighborhoods,” which was released last week.

“Seattle, oft times credited as the West Coast birthplace of the hipster craze, has several cool kid neighborhoods. Capitol Hill landed on our list, but it was in close competition with the up-and-coming Ballard neighborhood (walkability tipped the scales). Known for both its hipster and gay communities, a good cup of coffee is a given in Capitol Hill -- the area had the highest coffee shop per capita ranking on our list -- and gourmands have access to fresh finds at the local farmer’s market. Bars, fringe theaters and impromptu street parties make the area a nightlife destination.”

Silver Lake, Los Angeles ranked top for hipsters, followed by the Mission district in San Francisco. View the full list online.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears to me (as someone who really isn't that hip, never was hip, or is post hip...which mean I'm hipper than you all) that Seattle is the city that the non-hipsters think is hip and that Portland is the city that hipsters think is hip. So the argument could be made that Portland is more hip. But since I'm post (or non) hip, I'm not paying attention to any of this. Fucking hippies.

I dunno, every time I drive through portland the traffic seems a thousand times worse than seattle's. Bad timing? It seems like there is one spot where 9 different highways all coil up together like a big wad of fishing line.

+1 :wazup:

It's all the asshats in Vancouver coming across the river for our cheap liquor and full service gas stations :fahq:

Case in point: Kevbone