[TR] Spring Mtn - Other Side of Z Tracks 4/15/2012

hanman

Trip: Spring Mtn - Other Side of Z Tracks

Date: 4/15/2012

Trip Report:

Several folks and I took a nice trip to Spring Mtn near Darrington yesterday. Generally T shirt weather and dry rock on Tracks and Strait Creek.Others got on TickTock and Romantica with some wet in spots.The FS Road 49 used for approach appears to be staged for a large culvert replacement project. Hopefully this will open this summer. If not, the road hike is very straightforward.Sorry no pics- forgot the camera.

It was great to get some mileage on excellent rock and meet new people!!

M. Hanna

Gear Notes:

small rack to 3

Approach Notes:

FS 49 by foot- ~2.5 miles

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for showing us around Mark and MattP! I'm impressed with the number of routes you and others have developed over the last few years. A very cool place with great views from all of the climbs. More people should head out and get the routes a try; the more traffic, the more better! Topos available: http://www.rcnw.net/forums/index.php?showforum=41

Ben-

Vitamin R was consumed by the dihedral waterfall, quite a bit of wet up that way with a snowcone on top of the big bench still. Melting fast though. P ledges remain stowed, ran out of day...

Jason- Glad you enjoyed. I look forward to many such adventures out there this summer

MH

Vitamin R is still in the rinse cycle for sure! Should be nice and clean once it dries - looks like a classic. The driest linkup was Tick Tock P1 to Romantica P3, a couple of solid 10s to rattle my way up. Speaking of ticks, found a couple little biters too.

On the up side, didn't look like the moss had come back as strong as I would have expected.