• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
NoBolts

NoBolts Blog

There's some nice Northeastern Ice in there, as well as some cragging. He doesn't seem strident or militant, and indeed there are a few photos of clipped bolts. Looks like he's having fun out there...

I guess you really can't judge a book by it's cover, OW. I didn't even click on the link; just went by the blog name.

I'm soooooooooo running out of time here... :eek:

There's some nice Northeastern Ice in there, as well as some cragging. He doesn't seem strident or militant, and indeed there are a few photos of clipped bolts. Looks like he's having fun out there...

Thanks. Definitely having lots of fun.

I got banned on my "NoBolts" username for "not being funny" in my first post, so hopefully the mods let me stay here this time.

I was bummed that thread got deleted, I posted inflammatory stuff, went to class, and when I logged back it had all vanished. Come on guys, this stuff is all I have to live for during midterms.

disclaimer: do not use nut tools as sky hooks or pitons.

now that IS funny! Welcome to the zoo. :)

Gene, it has nothing to do with PC. How can after 11 years anyone accuse of being PC. Get real.

What we take issue with is when a first time poster comes here to post their blog, creates a bunch of attention for themselves, when it's clear they have no intention of making positive contributions to this site. We've been down that road plenty of times, and it never works out to our, as in the contributors of this site, benefit.

I don't think the original posts by that user were intended to get attention, but to amuse him and the others involved. I do think, however that the increased participation resulting from such a post is advantageous in the long run to this site. Repeated offenses should be punished but one post like this is not harmful. However, it could be moved to spray or some category so that it does not interfere with serious posts.

(Green jacket on nobolts.blogspot.com)

Why exactly is naming your avatar "NoBolts" ban worthy? Sure, if somebody is repeatedly stirring up $hit, but that seems reactionary in the extreme.

So given the choice between answering a valid question or posting a witty/humorous (in your mind, I suppose?) image in response, you chose the latter. That certainly seems like the mature way to go...

I didn't give you a valid answer because it wasn't a valid question to begin with. I answered the question above. It had nothing to do with the screen name, you just made that assumption.