Guitar Thread

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! I've always wanted an American Jackson. One of these days I'll relent and pick up one (probably a RR V or a king v)

The Jackson is #731 of only 1000. They all got crazy paint.

It's got a mini toggle that switches the tone knob into a wah. It's pretty friggin' cool. My research tells me it's the first US-made bolt-on available outside their custom shop.

It's got neck binding, 24 frets, M.O.P. shark inlays, nice flat ebony board, real deal floyd rose, 'n it's faster than greased lighting.

I drown it with heavy distortion and a bunch of delay and it's the perfect toy I always wanted when I'm feelin' the 80's and just wanna wank with it (It gives me an excuse to use all the prosessers and stomp boxes I don't need with my les paul, which only needs to be plugged in... a little 'verb... u know).

The Jackson is up for sale/trade. Got a bro'deal?

I need new ice boots 'n 'pons. Maybe a set of halfies. I'm size 12. Scarpa's fit real good.

Just sayin'.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Acoustic Goodness:

0582.JPG

L to R:

Djembe

Scheerhorn Hawaiian

Made in Mexico Mandola

Collings D2H Guitar

Rover Banjo

Electric Goodness:

0522.JPG

L to R:

Fender Telecaster

1980 Peavey 50W Classic 212

Supro Lap Steel

Silvertone Guitar

Squier 51

Gibson Lap Steel

Fender Vibro-Champ

Here's a sample of the Scheerhorn being played:

[video:youtube]

Acoustic Goodness:

0582.JPG

L to R:

Djembe

Scheerhorn Hawaiian

Made in Mexico Mandola

Collings D2H Guitar

Rover Banjo

Electric Goodness:

0522.JPG

L to R:

Fender Telecaster

1980 Peavey 50W Classic 212

Supro Lap Steel

Silvertone Guitar

Squier 51

Gibson Lap Steel

Fender Vibro-Champ

Here's a sample of the Scheerhorn being played:

[video:youtube]

Hey, but ain't that pretty! And breezy!

Keep 'em comin', boys!

I gotta figure out how to get my stuff off my zoom mrs-8 recorder (sd card).

This stuff is makin' me wanna plug in.

So I'm gonna plug in!

Awesome!

I was jamming like a madman all day yesterday and thought I'd tape a video... of course then it's hard to stay loose and fluid (stage fright!). I can do better, but here's a rough one:

[video:youtube]VR23R4_lyZA

Nice....bold of you to post that. Thanks!

You might want to consider videoing in betting lighting to see your hands better. Just a thought.

You might want to consider videoing in betting lighting to see your hands better. Just a thought.

My 14 year old got a new iPhone and I had to twist his arm to make that vid. I only had like 2 takes (attention span of a teenager and all that). Next time I'll try and direct some lighting my way.

Maybe a li'l rough, but dude ur feelin' it there a few times.

It's always one or the other, eh'... note for note but cold, or a few rough spots yet nice 'n warm?

I prefer the latter.

There are two fast runs in that solo that you can't get offspeed on the picking or it's done. For some reason my tremolo picking on the high two strings has been sucking. I use the dunlop 1.14 picks and may need to try out a thicker one (I used to use the heaviest pick back in the day)

My 14 year old got a new iPhone and I had to twist his arm to make that vid. I only had like 2 takes (attention span of a teenager and all that). Next time I'll try and direct some lighting my way.

I guess it is my turn. I have an appointment with the studio in two weeks to continue my project.

I thought you weren't over 35... :crosseye:
I'm well-preserved. :-)
Amen to that, bruthuh! I think I need a little more "preserving" myself... :brew:
Planet Killers may help with that. ;-)
Oh, that they do, my friend. And OFs with 101 rye, too! They went down so well last night with my steamed Dungeness crab... :chebit:

New Question:

If you were going to learn one song, in it's entirety, for the electric guitar, that would make you as close to a "complete" guitar player as possible, what would it be?

"Black Star". I've tried to learn it but damn that shit is tough to fret fluidly. Steve Vai's "The Attitude Song" would be another one high on my list.