More lies.

kevbone

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And in your "Stop!" sentence, the subject is understood to be "You." The verb is "stop", so in effect you did write a complete sentence, according to the rules of grammar: "(You) stop!"

"(You) ouch!", however, is still not a sentence... :whistle:

regardless, "i am" is just 3 characters, and thus shorter - "stop" and "ouch" are longer. now what's the judge's ruling on "no?" :)

related query: what is the shortest bible verse? :grin:

And in your "Stop!" sentence, the subject is understood to be "You." The verb is "stop", so in effect you did write a complete sentence, according to the rules of grammar: "(You) stop!"

"(You) ouch!", however, is still not a sentence... :whistle:

regardless, "i am" is just 3 characters, and thus shorter - "stop" and "ouch" are longer. now what's the judge's ruling on "no?" :)

related query: what is the shortest bible verse? :grin:

My boss keeps saying irregardless - drives me crazy!

And "Jesus wept" - also cited in the Turkish post-slaughter scene in Lawrence of Arabia

And "Jesus wept" - also cited in the Turkish post-slaughter scene in Lawrence of Arabia

NO PRISONERS!!!

Peter_OToole_in_Lawrence_of_Arabia.jpg

post-script: it seems "i am" is also not a complete sentence, as it too implies more words being necessary "i am he" for example - amusingly, one could not even say this in russian, as it would just be "i" :)

NO PRISONERS!!!

Peter_OToole_in_Lawrence_of_Arabia.jpg

post-script: it seems "i am" is also not a complete sentence, as it too implies more words being necessary "i am he" for example - amusingly, one could not even say this in russian, as it would just be "i" :)

Or possibly it is "I am" with no implied "he".

In fully-inflected languages you can often reduce this to one word - "sum", for example.

I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

Sounds like the US Government.

only if the beef for the burger is produced on a factory farm that inexplicably gets huge gov subsidies and the pickles are picked by migrant workers that everybody bitches about being a drain on 'merica :)