Something - Anything

allthumbs

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck that, man! As a person on the cusp of generations "X" and "Why?", the Doctor finds convenience to be a key factor in any number of decisions. You wanna go fucking around with your primitive and inconvenient extension cords, be the Doctor's guest (not that the orderlies would ever let you near electricity or tools, of course). DFA will happily zip from project to project with nary a concern for outlets and such.

[Razz][Razz][Razz][Razz][Razz][Razz][Razz][sNAFFLEHOUND]

(Argh, there's a whole nother page! Am I gumby or what? I'm spewing about the Bear Creek topo here, for you johnny come latelies) [laf][laf][laf] I'm not laughing at you Cavey, its the bit on the topo that they label "glacier." I grew up down there and the Sierras were my first love (in terms of mountains), but if there is one thing that Washington has a leg up on over Calfornia, its glaciers. I don't think there's a crevasse in the Sierras you could fall into if you tried really really hard. Still, ya gotta love that beautiful clean granite.

[ 10-03-2002, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Off White ]

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

Fuck that, man! As a person on the cusp of generations "X" and "Why?"...

Generation "Why?" [Confused] Are you speaking of the Millenial generation (the one after Gen X) or the one before (wouldn't that be Baby Boomers)? Just trying to clarify.

[ 10-03-2002, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Greg W ]

workin on a professional jobsite, i loved the cordless tools. the best part was, there was this huge rack of batteries lined up in a charger and the new guy on the crew (a position i had recently graduated from) was in charge of making sure that they were always charged. fast forward a few years, forrest the homeowner blew through the entire charge on both batteries - TWICE IN ONE WEEK! GRRRRRRR! how much work you gonna get done with no juice?

quote:

Fuck that, man! As a person on the cusp of generations "X" and "Why?", the Doctor finds convenience to be a key factor in any number of decisions. You wanna go fucking around with your primitive and inconvenient extension cords, be the Doctor's guest (not that the orderlies would ever let you near electricity or tools, of course). DFA will happily zip from project to project with nary a concern for outlets and such.

Doctor, with all due respect, thats because you are an Autocad using fool who doesn't actually have to make a living in a blue collar world. Worry about a cord on a small deck? Get into a tight dank rotting crawlspace or some overheated insulation filled ceiling cavity and thats when it really matters. Much as it shocks me to say it, GregW and Trask know what they're talking about.

quote:

Originally posted by Off White:

Doctor, with all due respect, thats because you are an Autocad using fool who doesn't actually have to make a living in a blue collar world. Worry about a cord on a small deck? Get into a tight dank rotting crawlspace or some overheated insulation filled ceiling cavity and thats when it really matters. Much as it shocks me to say it, GregW and Trask know what they're talking about.

Re: your comment about Greg and Trask: [laf][laf][laf]

Anyway, DFA is sure you're right, but it's irrelevant. The Doctor likes the convenience of the cordless, despite not "really" needing it. Slightly wankish? Maybe, but, as you astutely point out, that's why DFA works behind a computer (although DFA has spent time loading UPS trucks, woodworking, pumping gas, etc.). It's also why the Doctor likes All-Wheel Drive, power windows and cruise control (when they're affordable), and CD changers. Sure, you could fuck around with tire chains, leaning over to roll down the windows, keeping your foot on the gas, and switching CDs every 40 minutes (all of which the Doctor has done plenty of), but why bother if you don't have to?

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

Generation "Why?"
[Confused]
Are you speaking of the Millenial generation (the one after Gen X) or the one before (wouldn't that be Baby Boomers)? Just trying to clarify.

[rockband]PAGE TOP, MOTHERFUCKER!!! [rockband]

That'd be the one after Gen-X. Maybe the Doc makes the Gen-X cut, he's honestly not sure. Anyone know the cutoff date? (Please don't make the mistake of thinking DFA actually gives a shit, though.)

[sleep]

[ 10-03-2002, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Dr Flash Amazing ]

quote:

That'd be the one after Gen-X. Maybe the Doc makes the Gen-X cut, he's honestly not sure. Anyone know the cutoff date?

The 13th (or 'X') Generation birth dates are 1961-1981, The Millenial Generation birth dates are 1982-current.

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

quote:

That'd be the one after Gen-X. Maybe the Doc makes the Gen-X cut, he's honestly not sure. Anyone know the cutoff date?

The 13th (or 'X') Generation birth dates are 1961-1981, The Millenial Generation birth dates are 1982-current.

Cool, thanks for the beta. Looks like DFA sits within the bounds of Generation-X, with a comfortable 5-year margin.