American climbing culture

Scottish_wanker

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by trask:

Nope, the next pilgrim that starts that tired old thread topic again gets staked to the desert naked, body slathered with honey, and a big old bag of ants dumped on him. A snafflehound will also be tied to his nutsack.

Just 'cause you insist on existing with a snaff' tied to your jewels doesn't mean other folks want to! Keep your sick kinks to yourself, freako. [Moon]

[ 08-28-2002, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Dr Flash Amazing ]

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

Did you not listen to what the Doctor just said?!

Pay attention, you hyperactive, inbred jizzbag!

You know Dr. Dickless, that was just fucking mean spirited. I can't believe you called me inbred. I now wonder why I ever assumed you were basically a nice person. Go fuck your fleshlite you cum guzzling homo. [Moon][HORSECOCK]

quote:

Originally posted by Scottish wanker:

quote:

Well, you're the pussy that came in here talkin' shit about cc.comers, and what a big schlong you had under that cute little kilt. Go easy on that cloven hoof now, ya hear?! bwahahaha
[HORSECOCK]

Trask, climbing with a kilt has many advantages. I submitted the following to Twight but for some reason it was not included in his opus grande. I suspect it will be in the second edition.

viz.

1. Climbing with a kilt virtually reduces the condensation problem and reduces fluid loss caused by excessive sweating due to the cooling affect of the wind rattling around your jewels.Thus it is ideal for the fast and light concept.

2. Self Arrest. In a fall on neve, the kilt is swept upwards by the friction on the snow, revealing the one-eyed milk man ( as we call HIM in scotland) which, if properly aroused forms another self arresting device in addition to your trusty ice-axe.

3.Urination: No need for pit zips, patagonia super fly system etc. If you need to go, let gravity do it's work. With Gore-tex gaiters, the time saved can be considerable on a single-push effort in the Alaska range.

4.Gear racking; On big-wall climbs the second when immediately below the leader has a very convenient, shall we say groove to reach up and temporarily inset gear when making those crucial switch overs when speed climbing on the Nose.

5. Aid: the old timers called it combined tactics when they climbed onto the others shoulders to reach a sloper. With kilt climbing the second ,when below the leader can hand jam to reach that crucial hold that will allow a clean aid ascent. The crack is 5.10 thin hands only please and wipes are needed in the haul bag.

I hope this educates you to some of the new wave thinking we Scots are bringing to the game.
[Razz]
-

quote:

Originally posted by Off White:

Hey, I just heard on the radio today that the Scots wore women's lingerie under their kilts in WWI until kilts were prohibited on the battlefield. Something about tights and bloomers saturated in some chemical to minimize mustard gas exposure. Heh heh, you know, eh what, doctors orders, got to wear 'em, nudge nudge, wink wink, there's a lad.

Well laddie, I don't know aboot you, but on a desperate north face route even when I'm not wearing a kilt, I usually wear woman's underware, the frillier the better.What we say in Scotlsnd is" What does a real man wear, answer,anything he wants. [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by Off White:

Hey, I just heard on the radio today that the Scots wore women's lingerie under their kilts in WWI until kilts were prohibited on the battlefield. Something about tights and bloomers saturated in some chemical to minimize mustard gas exposure. Heh heh, you know, eh what, doctors orders, got to wear 'em, nudge nudge, wink wink, there's a lad.

Ah, a fellow National Public Radio enthusiast!

"Good Morning! I'm Bob Edwards; this is 'Morning Edition'!"

quote:

I wouldn't know about the gear required. I'm into boats and cars and shit. I simply mention this option because of your semblance to a most auspicious scuba climber from Wenatchee.
[smile]
Keep talkin', your post count is growing.

Dude give up that act of not climbing you blew your avatar along time ago but I am keep'n it too myself you frigg'in xjarhead cyber tweaker [Roll Eyes]