How free is your state?

billcoe

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, now this is the thread for you...

[ edit: because, goshdarnit, you're just smarter than all these guys put together. ]

:lmao: LMAO! I was actually thinking along the lines that most of these yahoos put together don't have the brains to carry your sweaty jockstrap, :shock: but I know many of them are college trained professionals who hold otherwise skilled jobs. At least when you and I disagree on something: there is an intellectual exchange of some sort and consideration of the logic of the others viewpoint.

In fact, I often read political or economic things you say carefully as they are so well thought out, logically arrived at, and then transmitted. Same certainly applies to Jayb as well.

Most of the grownups seemed to have moved on around here......

Regards!

Most of the grownups seemed to have moved on around here.....

well, perhaps you should think of this while you exchange back slaps with those that try to turn every topic into a mud fight. You holier than thou attitude just doesn't jive with your finding fault only with the intervention style of liberals. Do yourself a favor and drop the selective outrage.

Interestingly, the revolt against vaccination can at least partially be laid at the feet of the very notions of "freedumb" under discussion here. "Why are you oppressing me with your big-government health agenda?" More antisocial libertarian chickens coming home to roost...

Partially, perhaps. I'm not sure whether the home-schoolers in Northern Idaho are more numerous than the upscale retards in Vashon island, Ashland OR, Boulder CO, etc but I'm willing to bet there are a whole lot of folks who are as passionately for single-payer as they are against vaccines.

I'm not sure that this one tracks nicely along left-right lines, but I do find it amusing that all of the social attributes that Joseph cited are abundant in spades in all of the above anti-vaccination hotbeds.

Decent thread on anti-vaccine activism and political affiliations here:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/intersection/2011/04/20/vaccine-denial-and-the-left/

Yeah, the Big Corporate Cock is one step closer to personhood now, too. Thanks, ACLU!

You're welcome for a well deserved thanks.

I'd love to discuss Citizens United (and what the ramifications for free speech would have been if it had gone the other way, the path to legislative campaign reform the SC left wide open, the narrowness of the decision, and the fact that you just didn't like message versus the principle involved) but you'd have to actually know something about it first to make that anything less than a complete waste of time.

Pass....