Congrats: John Frieh, Dave Burdick, Dylan Johnson

timmy_t

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearty congrats to all, Alpine Dave, John Freih and Dylan Johnson for a very worthy objective and an award well deserved.

Many years ago my climbing partner and I camped on that arm of the Baird Glacier, essentially underneath the South Face of Mt. Burkett for 15 days and barely saw it. Gives some idea of the potential horrendous weather at times in the Stikine Icecap area. (That stunning route was way over our heads, both literally and figuratively, and not our intended objective.)

I can hardly wait for the TR. Smash and Grab gentlemen!

Who's John "Freih"? :laf: :laf: :laf:

Seriously though thanks dudes! To answer your question Gene the Copp-Dash Inspire award is very much like the Mugs Stump award... though they call it an award, and it is an honor to be selected, in my opinion it is more like a climbing grant in that it is funds for a trip that is going to happen.

Speaking of, many thanks to Black Diamond Equipment, La Sportiva, Mountain Hardwear, Patagonia and the Jonny Copp Foundation for sponsoring this award!

Regardless of what they call it we're very excited for our trip later this year and will make sure to have a trip report here! Maybe someone might even ask one of us to do a slideshow :laf::wazup:

Who's John "Freih"? :laf: :laf: :laf:

Seriously though thanks dudes! To answer your question Gene the Copp-Dash Inspire award is very much like the Mugs Stump award... though they call it an award, and it is an honor to be selected, in my opinion it is more like a climbing grant in that it is funds for a trip that is going to happen.

Speaking of, many thanks to Black Diamond Equipment, La Sportiva, Mountain Hardwear, Patagonia and the Jonny Copp Foundation for sponsoring this award!

Regardless of what they call it we're very excited for our trip later this year and will make sure to have a trip report here! Maybe someone might even ask one of us to do a slideshow :laf::wazup:

who is john frieh??? the guy who can now shove nuetrinos and windshirts up everyones ass :)

who is john frieh??? the guy who can now shove nuetrinos and windshirts up everyones ass :)

Here's the rest of that quote Andrew:..."and he killt men by the hundreds, And if HE were here, he'd consume the English with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse."

(reference)

[video:youtube]

Congrats to John and all, very inspirational!