DSCF16841.jpg

Rappeling off a nut, Mt. Stuart

IMG_9343_JPG.jpg

Skyhook on 3rd pitch of Liberty Crack

IMG_6345.jpg

Old Pins on North Buttress of Bear Mtn

IMG_16581.jpg

IMG_16522.jpg

Pile of old slings (found in Marblemount ranger station) taken of NE Ridge of Mt. Triumph

IMG_5076f.jpg

Built in anchors

IMG_9452.jpg

Edited by Steph_Abegg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I'm more of a pansy, so these are not as manky as some of the other submissions.

The back side of this horn didn't have much depth behind it, so it was actually a little scarier than it looked, especially since it was a belay anchor. It was our only option when we accidentally took the 5.10 variation on the NE Ridge of Bugaboo Spire, a scary run-out pitch with lots of lichen. Watching Jon climb upwards of 30 feet on thin licheny holds with no pro while anchored to this thing, all while time ticked away and the winds picked up.. was actually one of those moments when I wondered why I do this sport.

IMG_6361.JPG

Upper NF Vesper belay anchor, the very best possible on the whole route. It felt fine since that upper part was pretty easy and we basically simul-climbed.

3865736656_9494ed78c4_b.jpg

• 1 month later...
OK, I'm more of a pansy, so these are not as manky as some of the other submissions.

The back side of this horn didn't have much depth behind it, so it was actually a little scarier than it looked, especially since it was a belay anchor. It was our only option when we accidentally took the 5.10 variation on the NE Ridge of Bugaboo Spire, a scary run-out pitch with lots of lichen. Watching Jon climb upwards of 30 feet on thin licheny holds with no pro while anchored to this thing, all while time ticked away and the winds picked up.. was actually one of those moments when I wondered why I do this sport.

IMG_6361.JPG

Upper NF Vesper belay anchor, the very best possible on the whole route. It felt fine since that upper part was pretty easy and we basically simul-climbed.

3865736656_9494ed78c4_b.jpg

Now what is wrong with these anchors?

Now what is wrong with these anchors?

mank is relative.