This just in....

JayB

My reaction, although that such a spirit isn't the 'real JayB' seems suspect, considering his long time denigration of middle class

union workers.

"A whole bunch of folks are gonna loose their jobs, and I'm celebrating" fits solidly in the sociopath category in my book.

Except that in this case, the containment of pension and benefit costs will actually enable the government to *avoid* laying off workers.

None of this drama has anything to do with the awful plight that awaits public sector workers once they're subject to being victimized by the cruel whims of the voting public that they're employed to work on behalf of under terms like those that the legions of destitute and bedraggled Federal Employees labor under.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When wifey's a doc, you can sport a feckless hipster's job history and still look down on boring middle class workin' folks, I guess.

Ah, the new entitlement generation. Awesome.

Doesn't have anything to do with my politics - but the fact that I'm married to someone that's hot, fit, smart, talented, and loves to ski, climb, travel, and makes good money doing something she enjoys that genuinely helps people probably means that I can personally look down on a guy like you, though.

Doesn't have anything to do with my politics - but the fact that I'm married to someone that's hot, fit, smart, talented, and loves to ski, climb, travel, and makes good money doing something she enjoys that genuinely helps people probably means that I can look down on a guy like you, though.

You looked down on us well before you married her

rent-seeking's great when you are on the receiving end

As a sidenote it's been highly amusing in the past 2 years as the entry level lawyer job market has melted down to watch the sheeple who once thought themselves masters of the universe realize that they are just dumb shits like the people they looked down upon - but with a couple $100k in student loan debt

"Doesn't have anything to do with my politics - but the fact that I'm married to someone that's hot, fit, smart, talented, and loves to ski, climb, travel, and makes good money doing something she enjoys that genuinely helps people probably means that I can personally look down on a guy like you, though."

'Doesn't mean you should.

My reaction, although that such a spirit isn't the 'real JayB' seems suspect, considering his long time denigration of middle class

union workers.

"A whole bunch of folks are gonna loose their jobs, and I'm celebrating" fits solidly in the sociopath category in my book.

Except that in this case, the containment of pension and benefit costs will actually enable the government to *avoid* laying off workers.

None of this drama has anything to do with the awful plight that awaits public sector workers once they're subject to being victimized by the cruel whims of the voting public that they're employed to work on behalf of under terms like those that the legions of destitute and bedraggled Federal Employees labor under.

Some folks, ahem, feel the majority of voters don't vote and are ass-heads--that only leaves the smart ones doing the voting. Given this logic, nothing to fear as smart people do not base their votes on cruel whims. IMO you can thank wall street, bankers, lawyers, the FED, and CEO's for all the cruelty.

I can boast all I want about being a Pacifist until I get real hungry..then?

Looking down on people does not take smarts, I unwittingly do it--D'oh and then realize a smart person would not find time to do it.

Edited by Lucky Larry

"Yes, but that would not be the new, uninhibited right wing way of doing things. Among the new right, being free from social conventions and moral constraints means being proud to display one's sociopathic tendencies."

With all due respect, you do tend to see everything as a manifestation of your Great Struggle Of The Oppressed Masses Against The Man worldview. Not that you're incorrect, the "Haves" are using their economic leverage to undo every progressive measure of the past century any way that they can. But when it comes down to the individual case, as seen here, maybe it's just a matter of being smug, selfish, and a little bit insecure.

Edited by Philonius

I'm trying to be diplomatic. Either way, the strategy is working- The Koch Bros, Bill O'Rotten, Saint Ronnie, the Drug Addled Windbag, et al convince a whole lotta JayB's out there that those low life welfare queens and bloated public employees are what's standing between them and THE GOOD LIFE. Pawns; yes, sociopaths; not always.

I'm trying to be diplomatic. Either way, the strategy is working- The Koch Bros, Bill O'Rotten, Saint Ronnie, the Drug Addled Windbag, et al convince a whole lotta JayB's out there that those low life welfare queens and bloated public employees are what's standing between them and THE GOOD LIFE. Pawns; yes, sociopaths; not always.

No, Jay figured out a way to get in with a good money making protected racket that gets in on serious government $ that he's ideologically willing to give up, but realizes practically he'll never have to in the meaningful future.

He's become the yuppies he mocks

"Doesn't have anything to do with my politics - but the fact that I'm married to someone that's hot, fit, smart, talented, and loves to ski, climb, travel, and makes good money doing something she enjoys that genuinely helps people probably means that I can personally look down on a guy like you, though."

It's cool, Philonius, whatever Our Little Janitor needs to puff himself up!

Edited by tvashtarkatena

With all due respect, you do tend to see everything as a manifestation of your Great Struggle Of The Oppressed Masses Against The Man worldview. Not that you're incorrect, the "Haves" are using their economic leverage to undo every progressive measure of the past century any way that they can.

it's much more than the oppressed versus the man, it's a civilization crisis and the probability of a hard landing cannot be excluded.

But when it comes down to the individual case, as seen here, maybe it's just a matter of being smug, selfish, and a little bit insecure.

yes, but whatever really motivates JayB to say what he says isn't mutually exclusive with his complete and unabashed approval of the neoliberal assault on the republic and the social contract.

I think that the odds of a hard landing are still a bit better than 50/50. Like enough people wake up somehow tame the giant greedy multinational corporate beast. OK, less than 50/50 on second thought.

I'm hoping that I'm either old enough to miss the swirling ride down the loo or somehow going to be isolated enough to watch in fascinated horror. Like watching that Tsunami on YouTube; awesome, but it sucks to be swept up and ground to bits.

The shit spillover from wall street still hasn't ended--it's still going to hit the public PERS because they invested in the same shit bags as everyone else--only we are going to hear the crying about it a little longer because they are organized--probably nothing will become of it because that would mean somebodies got to pay for it; and we no it's not going to be the robber barons.

:fahq:

Wall street is just fantasy land economics--people still believe in it though--even though they just kicked the global crap out

of everyone. sickie

I haven't even been able to follow world news much for the Great Depression II and WW III has me depressed enough. :crazy: Thank goodness for a blow hole like spray to release some pressure. Best wishes friends.

:yoda:

Edited by Lucky Larry

No, Jay figured out a way to get in with a good money making protected racket that gets in on serious government $ that he's ideologically willing to give up, but realizes practically he'll never have to in the meaningful future.

More like I ran into a woman that I was actually attracted to that didn't run away screaming when I started talking about climbing, economics, and the political economy of foreign aid in Africa.

Nothing wrong with being a janitor, amigo.

Nothing wrong with being a janitor, amigo.

...or puffing oneself up on the internet when a young buck's insecurity strikes, apparently.

More like I ran into a woman that I was actually attracted to that didn't run away screaming when I started talking about climbing, economics, and the political economy of foreign aid in Africa.

^ you've got the smug disdain thing down cold