Classic Climbing/Mountain Coffee Table Books?

JasonG

Could be climbing related or not, but compelling photos are key. I especially like the older books with B&W photos from the 30's-60's . .. think Miller's N. Cascades, Glen Denny's "Yosemite in the 60's", etc. Also the series of books that Manning, Brower, and Co. put out in support of the N. Cascades Nat'l Park and Cascade wilderness areas are pretty cool too.

What are some other ideas? The Cascades are near and dear to me, but that is mainly what I know, so it would be interesting to hear what are the classics from other areas (and maybe some that I haven't heard from around here). Modern books too . . .

Any other collectors out there?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glacier Ice, by Austin Post, is on my coffee table. It is not just a climbing or climber's book but a book of stunning images that my non-climbing friends find compelling. It is a large format book, horizontally oriented, and the dust jacket image is exciting.

My personal choice as well. Outstanding pictures by a legend of mountain photography and glacier science. A local boy too.