Racist Fellow Travellers

Peter_Puget

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Thomas example might have been more compelling if, by all credible accounts, the man hadn't actually been fantastically guilty of sexual harassment.

Black or not, what a fucking creep.

Anita Hill was the victim of a typical Right wing smear campaign, but in reality, she's an incredibly brave person who stood up to power in defense of women everywhere.

But of course, she was 'begging for it', right? Just like the proposed re-definition of rape to exclude date rape, indeed, any rape not involving proof of injury to the victim (Yup, you read that right, er, Right).

It's the same old story: disrespect for, denigration of, and repression of women. After all, in the Bible, women are DIRTY SIRENS OF SIN.

The creep show continues...thanks PP for keeping the bar nice and low.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

There is no subset of humanity that membership of precludes being an asshole.

maybe it's because they spend half their time giving/getting head, but the buddhist monks I've met have all been pretty cool

Well, and I've never met a neo-nazi who weighs in on the "okay kinda person" side of the scale, but being a pollyanna I'm gonna stick with "anything's possible."

Certain movements are better at aggregating sociopaths than others. The White Supremacy movement clearly takes the lead, but the Tea Bagger and Evangelical movements seem to have a fair number of darlings in that category, as well.

Other than out and out lunatics, these 'deliverance and salvation' movements invariably attract the severely damaged. Behind every born again is a sob story.

Edited by tvashtarkatena