Fux Freakout

prole

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has either AE or KKK even been to a Muslim country? If not, kindly STFU. You're ranting about shit you know fuck all about.

Love the fact that you keep trotting this argument out despite the fact that Tawfik Hamid, Ayan Hirsaan Ali, Ibn Warraq, Wafa Sultan, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, have articulated precisely the same arguments.

While they are in the distinct minority, the incredibly weak geographic/experiential variant of the ad hominem that you keep rolling out over and over again simply doesn't apply to any of them.

Don't give up on that one though! I'm looking forward to equally compelling arguments like "Have *you* ever been beheaded? Well then, you're clearly in no position to make an informed argument against beheading then, are you, hotshot..."

Keep them coming. How about applying that one to clitorectomy, etc....?

There are obvioulsy signifigant religious issues contributing to the giant fuckball going on over there. And like western society, their society has unquestionably been influenced by their dominant religion, so it's fair to include Islam in any discussion of the middle east. Islam is undeniably a large part of middle eastern culture.

It sure is, but it's no excuse to claim that Islam as a whole is worse than judeo-chritianity based on rhetorical hypocrisy about 'suicide bombers' and 'collateral damage', and big fucking blank in response to the historical record of who used terror, and of colonial-imperialism in the ME.

There are obvioulsy signifigant religious issues contributing to the giant fuckball going on over there. And like western society, their society has unquestionably been influenced by their dominant religion, so it's fair to include Islam in any discussion of the middle east. Islam is undeniably a large part of middle eastern culture.

It sure is, but it's no excuse to claim that Islam as a whole is worse than judeo-chritianity based on rhetorical hypocrisy about 'suicide bombers' and 'collateral damage', and big fucking blank in response to the historical record of who used terror, and of colonial-imperialism in the ME.

It's not just the slaughter of non-Muslims, it's the entire apparatus of intimidation and repression that has been perpetuated in the name of Islam for centuries, and it's clearly Muslims themselves who have and will continue to bear the brunt of the suffering meted out by Islamists via the death-penalty for apostasy, etc, etc, etc.

Even if Islamists hadn't engaged in a single act of aggression against anyone outside of their borders/faith there'd still be plenty for any principled liberal to criticize.

It's not just the slaughter of non-Muslims, it's the entire apparatus of intimidation and repression that has been perpetuated in the name of Islam for centuries, and it's clearly Muslims themselves who have and will continue to bear the brunt of the suffering meted out by Islamists via the death-penalty for apostasy, etc, etc, etc.

Even if Islamists hadn't engaged in a single act of aggression against anyone outside of their borders/faith there'd still be plenty for any principled liberal to criticize.

the key words are "principled liberal" - which do not apply to your evil homonym

more drivel devoid of all historical context, like what were islamic societies before colonialism and what have they been in the 150 years since.

Yeah, I don't think islam is any worse or better than any other religion. They're just different brands of the same bullshit. You want crazy? Take your pick.

It's weird how, depending on what works for a particular argument, you'll conflate Islamists with all Muslims in one post and make the clear distinction in another. In one, Islam is at it's core a "cult of death" and that it's followers are hardwired for violence. In another, you quote Muslim moderates and state a desire for a Muslim civilization free from religious tyranny. Are you confused? If the first set of propositions are true, then you are committed to what is essentially a religious war to wipe out Islam and Muslim identity. If it's the latter then you're tasked with investigating the historical roots of particular Islamist movements and supporting the means to arrest their growth. Make up your mind and stop playing both sides of the fence.

Edited by prole

What's mind boggling is the refusal to consider what we'd be like if we had been conquered before our industrial revolution and the civil war, and our wealth had been captured by tyrants and foreigners. What was the state of human rights in this country at that time?

You ever been to a Muslim country Jay?

Know what I've heard most about the Muslim world? That they have the best hospitality anywhere.

Wow! You *heard* that? Holy shit - that's impressive 2nd-hand info!

Dude. He called the fruit picker shortage, and that was from signs on the road. I'd ask him for lotto numbers.

on to other news....

an afghani is facing the death sentence for converting to christianity (this sentence is koran-based, yes?)

karzai, the president of afghanistan, will not step in to save the man.

in other news, 90% of egyptian females have suffered genital mutilation (probably not koran-based; anyone know?).

"Asked what most viewers and observers of Fox News would be surprised to learn about the controversial cable channel, a former insider from the world of Rupert Murdoch was quick with a response: “I don’t think people would believe it’s as concocted as it is; that stuff is just made up.”

"We Were a Stalin-esque Mouthpiece for Bush" -- Fox News Insider

I'm glad that you call it mutilation. People that call it female circumcision need to be punched in the face.

i call male circumcision "mutilation" also. amazing there are as many adherents as there are, here in the "reformed" US.

The Jewish especially seem to get quite up-in-arms about their rights to mutilate their male off-spring.

I'm glad that you call it mutilation. People that call it female circumcision need to be punched in the face.

i call male circumcision "mutilation" also. amazing there are as many adherents as there are, here in the "reformed" US.

The Jewish especially seem to get quite up-in-arms about their rights to mutilate their male off-spring.

I get your point, but comparing male circumcision to the barbaric mutilation of female "circumcision" is pretty offensive. It's like the difference between a haircut and a beheading.