Is a man required to leave the toilet seat down when his girlfriend sleeps over?

allthumbs

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only are you not required to put the toilet seat down for her, but she should be putting it up for you. It's your apartment, and she need to respect the way you live.

While we're fairly certain this logic would hold up in court, we still keep the seat down for our girlfriends when they stay over. It takes very little effort to put the seat down, and it gives us significant bargaining power for issues that really matter, like watching South Park instead of Melrose or not sleeping on the wet spot. It also makes them more tolerant of our tendencies to drink directly from the OJ container and to fart in bed. And if the inside of your toilet looks anything like ours, you certainly don't want girls peeking in, anyway!

Conclusion: You've got the law on your side, but you've got more to gain by doin' the right thing.

[ 02-26-2002: Message edited by: trask ]

DUDE,,,,

All I can say is look out. You thought that the "REI Return Policy" thread got hot, wait till the girls get a load of this one. shocked.gif" border="0 I'm sure you'll get a resounding [Wazzup] from at least one of them.

(--Climb on,,,

Hey, how much is Top Ramen going for nowadays anyway? wink.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Dwayner:
Back in college, we used to go into the girls' bathrooms and put Saran-wrap over the toilet bowls and they really liked that! Is that relevant to this discussion?
[big Drink]tongue.gif" border="0[big Drink]

I dont know which scenario presents the worse result here, the back spray/puddle effect or the coiler that wont't drop... shocked.gif" border="0

[laf] practickl jokes!

I have no idea where the other 2 women are who post on this site are today, but I'll give you my answer:

If you want to continue to see the girl, you increase your chances by putting the ring down after peeing. Just the ring, we don't care about the lid. There are a number of other things that also help, but if I told you that, the others in the club (I think that's 51% of the world's population) would lock me in a room with a case of Bud, make me scratch my ass while laughing at Mr. Hanky, and make me belch until my face turns green, all the while mocking me behind one-way glass. All of them, behind the glass, wearing fabulous dresses that make them look taller and younger, sipping a nice Soave and giggling conspiratorily. In other words, it is SIMPLY NOT WORTH IT. I would have to go to the bathroom ALONE in public! NEVER!

Trask,

Of course it is, now which one of you nincompoops is saying that about me....I'LL BOX YOUR EARS!

Now, I've got to ask, did they change your medication or something? This is awfuly nice talk for a big trash-talker misogyn like you.....now whaitaminute, you are laying the hook out for me, and if I talk nice back, you're going to set my hair on fire or something, arencha!!!??? [laf]

Adding to Allisons comment about putting the ring down. Correct, unless he's got a dog (not is a dog), or she brings a dog. Then putting the lid down is a must.

Ah, the fear of the girl police and walking to the bathroom alone... Are you sure that wasn't telling too much???!?!?!?

I also work in a 90/10 male dominant workplace, and have caught myself more than once thinking, "I'll just explain to him why his GF/fiance/wife is pissed off for no understandable reason" then I come to my senses. They wouldn't believe me anyway, and it would only confirm their belief that women are from another planet and would definately not be worth the trouble if it were not for the nookie...

[ 03-01-2002: Message edited by: icegirl ]

quote:

Originally posted by allison:

This is awfuly nice talk for a big trash-talker misogyn like you.....now whaitaminute, you are laying the hook out for me, and if I talk nice back, you're going to set my hair on fire or something, arencha!!!???
[laf]

Good morning Allison, No, I'm not going to do anything as childish as setting your hair on fire. I just find your posts interesting and was imagining what you were like. That's all. By the way, as mean spirited and rotton as I come across on this board, I really not that bad in public. And I love women...I just like pushing their hot buttons at times. trask